My list of clients includes Shawn Bolz, Jerame Nelson, Bill Vanderbush, and Alexis Maston-McClinton. Publishers and businesses I've worked for include Charisma Media, Orange & Gray, and HomeGuide.
I edit authors' finished manuscripts twice—once in Word and once on paper. I find I catch more errors that way. I edit according to the latest Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, along with other guides, should the genre require them.
I also coach authors through the self-publishing journey, and I have many resources to connect them to when it comes to typesetting, cover design, ISBNs, and eBook formatting. Most of the books I have edited over the last six years have been nonfiction—in the business/entrepreneur and Christian genres--but I love reading and editing women's fiction too.
An author of fiction and nonfiction myself, I have also experienced the author's side of self-publishing and will help you produce a book you can be proud of.
- Numerous awards for flash fiction
- 2021 Reader's Favorite Gold Medal Winner - Christian devo/study
- PEN Gold member - approved for nonfiction editing by Christian Editor Connection
- Leadership Coaching certificate
I help authors turn their manuscripts into self-published books by providing a full range of self-publishing services.
• Substantive editor, copy editor, proofreader
• Typesetting (internal layout and design), cover design, ISBNs, barcodes
• Author bios and jacket copy
• Help publishing with KDP, Ingram Spark
• Additional content writer - to flesh out author's ideas
• Book manuscript ghostwriter - in author's voice and words
Copy Editor, Content Writer
• Medical content writer and copywriter for Orange & Gray
• Medical content writer for the Mental Health Foundation
• Former home remodeling content writer for Homeguide
• Magazine articles and interviews