Lead editorial, design, production, and marketing teams to ensure timely delivery of top-quality books in print and digital formats with an eye toward sales materials and printer deadlines:
• Manage frontlist of 12-24 titles per year and a backlist of 120+
• Serve as developmental editor or copy editor on 2-4 manuscripts per season
• Manage project workflow from developmental editing of manuscript through proofreading and typesetting to final print and digital files.
• Edit and proofread galleys, printer proofs, and other materials/publicity materials, working collaboratively with editorial, design, and printing teams
• Onboard new authors and shepherd them through the book publishing process
• Maintain seasonal masterlists and communicate changes to distributor and sales
• Hire and evaluate freelance developmental editors, copy editors, proofreaders, and designers, overseeing freelance costs and workflow
• Maintain editorial style manuscripts, publicity, and company materials
• Coordinate creation, review, and distribution of seasonal tip sheets and participate in seasonal launch meetings
• Present seasonal catalogs and marketing/publicity updates to distributor and sales representatives
Designed and managed editorial production system, growing audience from inception of platform to 2+ million users:
• Led daily content curation, commission and discovery, growing Umano’s library to over 50,000 articles
• Hired and managed teams of 80+ editors, writers, and voice talent
• Managed partnerships with leading publications, such as CNN, CNET, Bloomberg, Forbes, and Al Jazeera America
• Developed procedures and best practices for all customer support, social media channels and forums
• Launched Umano For Writers program, managing original content creation with 100+ writers
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Developmental editor specializing in romance, thrillers, and mysteries. My clients have been published by Kensington, Skyhorse, and more.
I am a Development Editor for novels, scripts, and non-fiction, specializing in guiding new authors through the editorial process.