• Edit and acquire books on health and wellness, food, popular science, self-help, and popular psychology
• Develop and maintain relationships with major nonfiction agents and foreign rights agents
• Present frontlist titles to Workman Publishing sales team at Launch, Art, and Sales Conference meetings
• Edited and acquired books for Portfolio, a business imprint, and Sentinel, a political imprint
• Prepared positioning copy, flap copy, and online copy for books; assist publicists with copy for media
• Acted as a liaison to sales, contracts, marketing, finance, and publicity departments
• Hired and managed Penguin Random House interns
• Assisted Vice President of Trade Sales and three sales reps selling DK books to mass merchandisers, wholesale club channels, and proprietary accounts
• Prepared presentation materials for sales reps, created PowerPoints and constructed physical book samples
• Attended and participated in sales conferences with buyers
• Created and maintained sales tracking grids for club orders and mass merchandiser planograms
• Acted as liaison to customer service, editorial, marketing, and operations departments
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Seasoned editor with over 75 successful books published. I have a passion for working with first time authors, turning ideas into print!
Editor who works with authors to produce quality non-fiction titles. Professional Member of the CIEP. Previously worked in-house at OUP.