COVERS • INTERIOR FORMATTING • ILLUSTRATIONS • MAPS
🙋♀️ Book designer with more than 5 years of experience working with publishers and independent authors, building book layouts, covers, and illustrations. Work with genres such as fiction, romance, poetry, children's literature, experimental works, and many more! I'm comfortable with working with a variety of topics, from children to adult books. Bring your idea and we will make it a reality!
📘 A cover is the most visual interpretation of a book, and it needs to express all the ideas and feelings that the title has. Before starting a project, I always make sure I understand to the fullest what the author wants and what the book needs, and translate that into an appealing and heartwarming visual project - using every tool available, from photo manipulation, 3D renders, and illustration. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover... But in this case, you should!
📖 Who said that the inside of a book should have that same, carbon-copy, boring design? When working with the inner layout of the book, rest assured that I will look at your project in a unique matter, designing an interesting and appealing layout that fits with the aim of your title.
✏️ A children's picture book, a collection of poems, or even a high-fantasy adventure: is your book in need of illustration to help to bring it to life? I work with a variety of drawing styles and approaches, custom to every project. From colorful illustrations for kids, delicate line drawings, elegant watercolor scenes, or even complex maps and schematics, let me help you retell your story visually with illustrations!
• Covers starting at 300€
• Illustrations at 50€
Possible discounts for extensive projects with multiple elements!
❗️ A couple of details to keep in mind about my work approach and schedule:
• I require around 2-3 weeks in advance to book each project (or more depending on availability).
• The minimal collaboration period is 6 weeks, with at least 2 installments (40% upfront and 60% at the end). New projects will most always start and end on a Monday.
• Due to timezone differences, (I reside in Europe, CET) our replies will probably have a gap if you are from a different continent. For that reason, I prefer to keep communications messages only, as the timezone difference would make it harder to schedule a video conference.
• I reply to messages every 2-3 days in order of arrival, so I kindly ask you not to spam, as your email will go back into the reply order! I also don't check the messages during the weekend.
• Collaborations updates are sent once a week, on Monday-Tuesday. Short updates are usually sent a couple of days after your feedback.
Do you have any questions about the design process or my work procedure? Please feel free to contact me!
Working as a book designer and illustrator (Reedsy and self-employed) for independent authors and small publishers all over the world, responsible for the book interior, illustrations, and cover designs.
Brazilian/Japanese publisher, worked as a book designer for independent and experimental authors, responsible for the book interior and cover designs, working with poetry and disruptive design, going beyond the conventional book style.
Brazilian online publisher, worked as a book designer with a variety of independent authors, responsible for the book interior design and cover on printed books and ebooks. Developed projects of diverse genres, going from fiction, romance, adult, poetry, religious, self-help and more.
Natalia has 170 reviews