I can offer a service that is as light or as in-depth as you require, and work as closely alongside you or as independently as you prefer, developing your manuscript and bringing it up to a highly polished finish or simply providing another pair of eyes you can trust to ensure a level of perfection you can be proud of. If required I will return your manuscript with in-depth feedback and developmental ideas and criticism, suggestions and questions, all fully marked up for your appraisal, and I will do so to meet your deadlines.
Pavilion Publishing and Media
• Developed, edited and proofread books for health and social care staff, from academic titles for doctors and students to practical books for use on the front line, as well as training manuals and magazines.
• Developed and edited a wide range of ELT titles for both students and teacher.
• Worked with authors to help develop manuscripts, providing feedback on writing and content.
The Practical Law Company
• Edited and proofread comprehensive legal practice notes, contracts and news articles to ensure complicated legal concepts written by senior lawyers are accessible to junior lawyers, paralegals and non-specialised, in-house lawyers.
• Worked with lawyers and paralegals to develop their writing and the content of their work.
Chambers and Partners
• Edited a series of legal directories providing information and reviews of law firms and lawyers.
• Copy edited material for publication, often written by non-native speakers and requiring extensive revision and improvement.
• Wrote high-quality copy requiring extensive research and an ability to make technical subjects accessible for a non-technical readership.
Michael has 4 reviews