I copyedit manuscript text, reference lists, and tables in research articles, systematic reviews, editorials, historical essays, and other article types for the American Public Health Association’s journal. I make the articles conform to the journal’s style, which is based on the American Medical Association Manual of Style. I work directly with the authors to resolve queries.
• Wrote copy for annual reports, newsletter, Web site, news releases, video scripts, patient education materials, clinical trial recruitment ads, and book chapters.
• Wrote major gift grant proposals seeking support for medical research, drug development, patient care centers, and general operation.
• Wrote progress reports to grantors regarding the projects they funded.
• Provided copyediting and proofreading services to all departments (both American Medical Association and Associated Press styles).
• Translated medical breakthroughs into lay terms for colleagues in the field to use for fundraising and other purposes.
• Responded to public inquiries about cystic fibrosis.
I have copyedited, proofread, and written for clients including the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, American Public Health Association Press (books), Talance Inc., Spearhead Global Inc. (books), ToyDirectory, Higher Learning Technologies Corp., Demand Media Studios, Spine Arthroplasty Society Journal, Kaplan Educational Centers, and Grantmakers for Children, Youth, and Families.
• Researched and wrote articles for Rheumatology News International, Current Anti-Infective Therapy, Pain Observer, and other pharmaceutical company–sponsored publications for physicians.
• Covered medical conferences in the United States and Europe as press.
• Wrote headlines and captions, procured illustrations, and collaborated with art department on layout.
• Carried out editorial duties for publications of the American Federation for Clinical Research (now the American Federation for Medical Research) including the journals Clinical Research and Journal of Investigative Medicine, the association’s newsletter, and conference materials.
• Performed editorial tasks on written materials for other medical associations managed by the publisher.
• Researched and wrote magazine articles for New Jersey Outdoors about recreation and the environment.
• Assisted with magazine content planning, marketing, and subscription maintenance.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.