I LOVE storytelling!!!
I LOVE illustrating AND designing AND collaborating.
I have worked in the publishing industry for decades, making high quality art.
I have also worked at Hallmark Cards bringing artwork to life in a visually interesting and emotionally authentic way.
I grew up on Long Island NY. I studied at the Rhode Island School of Design. I went to Kansas City to work at Hallmark Cards. I had a great time and a wonderful career at Hallmark, but the time came for me to have another adventure. So, here I am.
I always try to have an authentic relation with my clients. It's important to talk a lot about what we want to create to produce the best book we can. I am also a GREAT cheerleader!!! Let's make a book!!!
- Book Links Lasting Connections Book
- CCBC Choice Book NCTE Notable Book
- NCTE Notable Book in the Language Arts
- Junior Library Guild Selection
- Minnesota Book Award Finalist
Hallmark Cards Inc
• Seamlessly switched roles to work in a variety of capacities on hundreds of product lines - from simple ink-on-paper greetings to enhanced, innovative product offerings including cards with candy, 3D pop-up cards, sound and light cards, fiber optics cards, lenticular cards, augmented reality cards, and even a snow globe.
• Designer at each sequential rank, achieving the highest level at Hallmark for the last 15 years of work there.
• Creative discipline and consumer insight contributed to the ability to bring words and images together to reinforce each other in message and tone - earning consumers by using design and editorial economically.
• Balanced discipline about deadlines and costs with dedication to quality.