- Act as editorial lead for book projects in the areas of large animal medicine, equine medicine, veterinary technology, exotic animal medicine, lab animal medicine, shelter medicine and practice management
- Responsible for the development of new book projects in the veterinary medicine field. Presented 18-20 project proposals annually to international publishing committee and negotiated contracts resulting in $3M of contract revenue. Surpassed signing objective every year.
- Cultivated strong relationships with authors, industry leaders, academics. Developed keen understanding of subject area, market needs, and trends despite no prior subject knowledge.
- Prepared 27-page report of veterinary technician market and areas for growth and development to inform future publishing strategy.
- Routinely wrote copy for all forthcoming books. Collaborated with marketing team to create copy for catalogs, direct mailings, trade show promotional materials, and social media.
- Managed over 60 dentistry & nursing book projects at a time and provided technical expertise to authors to ensure manuscripts were formatted properly. Ensured efficient workflow and on-time completion of 34 projects over the course of two years.
- Administered proposal review process for all submitted book proposals. Collected, analyzed and compiled reviews once returned.
- Managed communication with book authors and followed up on project progress. In contact daily by email or phone.
- Developed and implemented spreadsheet to keep project information and databases up to date.
Animal Behavior for Shelter Veterinarians and Staff presents and evaluates the available research and programs that address both animal and human behaviors associated with the intake, management and rehoming of dog and cats. Introductions to dog and cat behavior relevant to any animal professional Reviews behavioral reasons for the relinquishment of dogs and cats Describes intake and assessmen... read more
Now in its fourth edition, Pathology of Laboratory Rodents and Rabbits has become a standard text for veterinary pathologists, laboratory animal veterinarians, students, and others interested in these species. • The standard reference on the pathogenesis and cardinal diagnostic features of diseases of mice, rats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and rabbits • Expanded coverage of rabbit disease... read more
Crow & Walshaw's Manual of Clinical Procedures in Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, & Rodents, Fourth Edition provides practical, up-to-date information on common veterinary procedures for gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, dogs, cats and rabbits with detailed line drawings and photographs that demonstrate not only pertinent anatomical relationships, but also operational motions. A classic veterinary clinical... read more
Using a practical approach, the Manual of Veterinary Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking provides veterinary practitioners with evidence-based guidelines to refer to at the clinical practice level. Provides evidence-based information on transfusion medicine and blood banking practices Presents sections on recipient screening, donor selection, blood collection and storage, and how to meet bl... read more
A new era of opportunity is emerging for advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) to increasingly address gaps in access to quality healthcare. APRNs must be prepared to practice to the full scope of their education and abilities. As more and more states pass legislation enhancing prescriptive authority and fully autonomous practice for APRNs, a comprehensive resource on prescribing practic... read more
Practical Osseous Surgery in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry is a step-by-step manual that guides readers through osseous surgery procedures for treating periodontal issues as well as for ensuring proper anchorage of dental implants. Dibart and Dibart use hundreds of color photographs and succinct text to illustrate and explain the most recent advances and techniques for creating the ideal ... read more
Comprehensive Preventive Dentistry provides one user-friendly resource that brings together information on the scientific basis and clinical practice of all aspects of preventive dentistry. This thorough and all-encompassing resource offers techniques and strategies for maintaining excellent oral health in patients through a regimen of preventive measures. Comprehensive Preventive Dentistry is... read more
Surgical Essentials of Immediate Implant Dentistry provides a definitive text on this important treatment modality. Assisting readers to make sense of the various clinical techniques and protocols, Beagle discusses the available underlying evidence to provide a practical, comprehensive and navigable aid to attaining a thorough understanding of this complex and highly relevant subject. All aspe... read more
Quality and Safety in Nursing: A Competency Approach to Improving Outcomes is the first comprehensive text of its kind devoted to the nursing community's role in improving quality of care and patient safety. Edited by key members of the Quality and Safety Education for Nursing (QSEN) steering team, the book brings together information from various loci and expertly situates it within the conti... read more
Clinical Case Studies for the Family Nurse Practitioner is a key resource for advanced practice nurses and graduate students seeking to test their skills in assessing, diagnosing, and managing cases in family and primary care. Composed of more than 70 cases ranging from common to unique, the book compiles years of experience from experts in the field. It is organized chronologically, presentin... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Cantankerous, grumpy, a bit long in the tooth, but a bl**dy good editor. Non-fiction, academic papers, health, international development
Innovative non-fiction editor, with 14 years' experience in publishing, specialising in business, psychology, design and health titles.