Want to self publish your book? Looking for feedback before submitting to agents and editors? Trying to revise after a few rejections? You've come to the right place.
MY EDITING MOTTO:
A good editor is a coach--not a critic.
WHAT YOU NEED
· a seasoned professional who has the skill to whip your manuscript into shape while staying true to your story and respecting your voice
· specific, actionable feedback that not only strengthens your story but helps you learn and grow as a writer
· someone who will point out what you're doing right as well as making suggestions for what's not working
WHY I CAN HELP
· I've got 15 years of experience, including 5 at Kensington Publishing.
· I edit most types of fiction but specialize in romance and mysteries.
· I've worked with authors who are just starting out and ones at the top of their publishing game, including NYT and USA Today bestselling authors.
· Edits can seem scary, but they don't have to be! Clients often tell me they felt nervous about receiving feedback, but my approach made them feel energized and gave them back the "spark" they needed to finish revising.
Request a quote to get a free sample edit, and you'll see what we can accomplish together.
- B.A. in English--Mary Washington College
- M.S. in Publishing--Pace University
Providing a variety of editorial services for publishers (such as Grand Central and Sourcebooks) and authors
Focused on Brava, Zebra, and KTeen imprints
Worked with authors such as Mary Jo Putney, Cynthia Eden, Zoe Archer, Elizabeth Essex, Marni Bates, Dianne Duvall, and Rebecca Zanetti
Responsible for over 25 authors, handling all aspects of getting a book to print: negotiating with agents, creating concepts for covers, approving back cover copy, helping authors with marketing strategy, etc
Acted as writer liaison in charge of trafficking and assigning all content, as well as training new writers in specific content needs and methodology
Responsible for all Pre-College in-house copyediting
Responsible for production duties, including preparing manuscripts to be sent to printer, checking blues, generating answer keys and question categorizations for scannable tests
Responsible for editorial duties, including: evaluating manuscripts, reader reports, writing rejection letters, line edits, writing back cover copy, author alterations, art fact sheets, trafficking manuscripts, etc.
Megan has 159 reviews