I acquired out-of-print titles to bring back into publication, developed and maintained relationships with authors, attained title rights reversion, edited, and supported marketing efforts for a wide variety of genres.
- Proofread manuscripts and written content according to style guide to ensure error-free content and formatting
- Sole editor under Editorial Director, providing editing, proofreading, and copyediting for all books, packaging, and marketing materials. In-house production team lead.
- Lead editor and co-author on best-selling Biggest Book nonfiction series
- Proofread and copyedited all books and packaging, from manuscript stage through layout and final advance, ensuring error-free final products
- Wrote catalog and cover copy
- Oversaw planning and production for all titles
- Lead project management and workflow for all reprint titles, Spanish titles, and select nonfiction and activity book series
- Researched comps and industry trends
- Managed copyright filing and maintained copyright records
- Acted as International Acquisitions Editor, handling highly confidential licensor accounts such as Disney and Dreamworks, managing workflow of submissions to licensors and ensuring all proofreading corrections were made
- Researched licensed properties and gathered licensor information; gathered art samples for upcoming projects
- Prepared Power Point slides for conferences and book fair presentations; participated in Acquisitions team meetings
- Updated publishing plans and created visual line plans
- Submitted book components online for licensor approval; assisted with projects in other departments
- Worked within production software to fact check format, ISBN, pricing, and related information for books
- Created copyright reference sheets and SRP history spreadsheets for book formats both domestic and international; created Acquisitions route checklist; created a spreadsheet listing illustrator credits for books
- Maintained Style Guide Server and editorial guidelines
- Assisted primary editor and author in all editorial needs of manuscript process before book publication, including review of grammar, spelling, syntax, and mechanics of prose
A vivid reimagining of the woman who inspired Hester Prynne, the tragic heroine of Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, and a journey into the enduring legacy of New England's witchcraft trials.Who is the real Hester Prynne?Isobel Gamble is a young seamstress carrying generations of secrets when she sets sail from Scotland in the early 1800s with her husband, Edward. An apothecary who has... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I offer a high-quality editorial services and am dedicated to supporting authors through the writing and editing process.
Former journalist with more than 20 years’ experience working with new writers of all ages on nonfiction and fiction projects.