- Designing book layouts for complex, image-based books as well as novels and everything in between
- Designing beautiful covers for novels, young adult books, mysteries, business guides, etc
- Creating graphs, charts, and other interior illustrations
- Designing epubs in a wide range of formats from simple, reflowable text to complex, fixed layout designs
- Consulting and advising authors on industry standards and best practices
- Overseeing the design of 75-100 books per year, and ensuring a standard of beauty and quality across the board.
- Commissioning illustrators and designers for individual projects and series
- Relaying with authors and ensuring that they are happy and confident their books are in the best hands
A harrowing memoir about a woman’s struggle with postpartum depression.Nine days after the birth of her daughter, Amanda was involuntarily admitted to a Toronto psychiatric ward for postpartum depression (PPD). The typical hold-and-release process in Ontario is seventy-two hours. She stayed eighteen days.New parent sleep deprivation is familiar, but Munday’s tumultuous experience with depressi... read more
Life with Gran in Niagara Falls is all about routine for nine-year-old Brenda Barnhart, until she meets Maureen. Brenda is afraid of heights, being in the dark, and dog poop. She meets daring, rule-breaking Maureen and realizes their friendship is a bit like walking a tightrope ― exciting but dangerous. Maureen encourages Brenda to use fire escapes, sleep outside in a tent, and walk through st... read more
Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Children’s Book Award — Winner, Young Adult • Red Maple Fiction Award — Shortlisted Sadia wishes life in high school was as straightforward as a game of basketball. Fifteen-year-old Sadia Ahmadi is passionate about one thing: basketball. Her best friend Mariam, on the other hand, wants to get noticed by the popular crowd and has started de-jabbing, removing her hijab, ... read more
A riveting story of a boy whose courage, perseverance, wit, and occasional burst of good luck guided him to the safety of his adopted home, Canada.
Brian McFarlane, hockey history, author, and Hockey Hall of Fame broadcaster, delivers 101 fascinating facts about the game he’s loved for over eighty years.
Ready to Come About is the story of an improbable year sailing the North Atlantic, through which author Sue Williams grew to believe that there is no gift more precious than the liberty to chart one’s own course and that risk is a good thing … sometimes, at least.
Is a suspicious death deep in the Oregon woods tied to the recent rash of Bigfoot sightings? Skeptic Laura Reagan is swept into uncovering the secrets hidden in Roanoke Ridge as she desperately searches the unforgiving wilderness for her former mentor, a renowned Bigfoot researcher.
“…this keenly observed memoir delicately balances humor and heartache while signaling the importance of each passing moment. A profoundly moving remembrance that’s alternately sad and uplifting.”--Kirkus Review"In her beautifully written memoir, Beth Cramer goes where most cancer books don't dare. Why Didn't I Notice Her Before? is an honest--and brave--book about how the crisis affects her lo... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.