“Good design is like a refrigerator—when it works, no one notices, but when it doesn’t, it sure stinks.”
— Irene Au
The cover is your books’ shop window. I meld craft and technology to create cover designs that are engaging and memorable — typesetting & page layout designs that deliver an enjoyable and enhanced reading experience.
I'm a New Yorker living and working in the scenic Berwickshire Coast area of Scotland. I have over 25 years professional experience designing cover artwork for publishers world-wide. I design interiors for both fiction and non-fiction books and have also worked on several dual-language publications.
Recent award winning publications:
Old Ireland in Colour — Winner of the Best Irish Published Book Award 2020.
The Presidents' Letters — Shortlisted for the Best Irish Published Book Award 2021.
For both of these titles I designed the covers as well as the interior pages (see examples below)
As a professional book designer I will bring:
• Skilfulness to unravel a brief to find key creative concepts
• Impactful and dynamic design solutions
• Swift response to amendments and alterations
• Expert technical knowledge of printing guidelines and POD requirements
• Friendly, responsive and creative service throughout the entire process
• Help and guidance for all your self publishing questions
- University of the Arts Philadelphia BFA
- Arts Students League of New York
- Temple University Rome
- Certified: Word and InDesign integration
- Certified: InDesign CC EPUB construction
- Certified: InDesign Long Document framework
Prior to establishing myself as a freelance book designer in 1994, I worked as an illustrator for newspapers, magazines, advertising and design agencies.
Latte has 39 reviews