I’m a copyeditor and proofreader with more than twelve years’ experience working in magazine and book publishing. I have experience editing Christian, LGBTQ, teen and mystery fiction, as well as a variety of non-fiction, but I specialize in romance and women’s fiction.
I have a long-standing working relationship with Harlequin (five years in house and 10 years as a freelancer) and HarperCollins (10 years as a freelancer), and have worked with various organizations (for example, Transcontinental Media, Health Canada, LinkedIn, and the Royal Canadian Mint) and individuals to help keep their content clear, error-free, and professional-looking.
Whether proofreading or copyediting, my goal is to ensure consistency and accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, character traits, setting, and storyline, not to change your authentic author voice in any way.
Edit, copyedit and proofread a range of materials per client and/or project requirements.
• Ensure the writing in CADTH scientific and non-scientific materials is consistent and of high quality.
• Proofread, edit, and revise CADTH products and documents to adhere to CADTH style and branding.
Ascribe Marketing Communications
• Edited and proofread technical, scientific, and marketing content to adhere to client style standards.
• Proofread manuscripts, preliminary book copy, front and back covers and all marketing material both online and in hard copy format
• Worked with Chicago Manual of Style, Webster's, Oxford and Macquarie Dictionaries
Kim has 16 reviews