• Acquired and developed 12 books per year, ranging from children’s picture books to middle-grade and teen workbooks and self-help guides.
• Strengthened Magination’s nonfiction list with middle-grade and teen books in compelling new subject areas, such as climate-change anxiety; initiated a new line of books on psychological science for kids.
• Cultivated strong relationships with authors and agents and handled all contract negotiations.
• Consulted with experts in child psychology to craft books that would engage children, provide opportunities for social-emotional learning, and reflect psychological best practices.
• Originated and outlined 16 to 20 new book concepts per year based on a data-driven analysis of market opportunities. Categories included children’s, parenting, crafts, and cookbooks.
• Developed bestselling titles including The Anger Management Workbook for Kids and Human Body Activity Book for Kids, both of which have sold over 100,000 copies and are consistently top sellers on Amazon.
• Managed the editorial process for each book from start to finish: worked closely with authors to develop a manuscript that would engage readers and thrive in the market, collaborated with designers on illustrations and photography that would complement and enhance the book’s content, and oversaw editing as the book moved through production.
• Acquired new course texts in international relations and area studies; managed and edited these projects from acquisition through the handoff to production.
• Edited and developed 5–10 new editions of textbooks for the international relations and area studies lists each year; conducted reviews, worked with authors to develop detailed revised edition plans, and ensured that new editions met high editorial standards.
• Worked to build Westview’s reputation among academics by cultivating relationships with potential authors and readers, represented Westview at academic conferences, and conducted research on new branding initiatives.
I edited and coordinated the production of CCC's communications materials, including blog posts, web pages, flyers, catalogs, brochures, and more. I worked closely with the Communications department and our design team to make sure our projects met the needs of our sales representatives, educational consultants, and readers.
I edited and managed the production of a literacy curriculum for primary school educators. I also worked on the development of a fully digital version of the curriculum for web, iOS, and Android, and developed interactive whiteboard activities and printable teacher resources.
Production editor for the American Thoracic Society, a nonprofit medical organization that publishes three scholarly journals. I oversaw the successful redesign and relaunch of one of the ATS journals. I managed peer review, communicated with authors, copy edited journal issues, and coordinated podcasts and web features for the journal. I worked on the redesign of the ATS Journals website and iOS app, and made improvements to the ATS Journals’ online presence.
Editor for Weldon Owen Publishing, a publisher and packager specializing in beautiful, highly illustrated reference titles. Oversaw the day-to-day editorial management of two to five book projects at a time, supervising freelancers and working directly with graphic designers. Acted as the primary editorial coordinator and developer contact for family reference ebook projects and the production of a book-based iPhone app. Participated in the origination of book concepts, executed market research, and developed sales and marketing materials designed to promote those concepts. Copy edited, proofread, and wrote original content for children’s and family reference titles.
I copy edit and proofread books, web content, and other media for clients including Simon & Schuster, Weldon Owen Inc., Inspirock (a travel website), and AIRINC. In the past, I've edited and posted monthly e-mail newsletters and articles for Media Impact Funders (2009–2012) and written press releases for original fiction and nonfiction titles for W. W. Norton & Co. (2006–2008).
Hundreds of weird, wacky, and unexpected science questions answered by experts from around the world.Just how old is dirt, really? Are men or women more likely to be hit by lightning? What do whales sing about? Why don’t we have our jetpacks or flying cars yet? If I had to, could I survive on cat food alone? ...and 224 more curious questions answered by the world's smartest people! Ever wonder... read more
From tough leather-and-spike looks to sweet and simple polka dots, from hilarious comic-book nails to far-out galaxy ’dos, this book will teach anyone how to give themselves truly creative manicures—without a trip to the salon.Nail Candy is a breath of fresh air for nail-art enthusiasts—it’s sassy, fun, and full of DIY nail art tutorials that anyone can do. It contains more than 50 ideas prese... read more
Let science blow your mind with the Exploratorium!Take a good look around: The ho-hum spots you inhabit every day are actually secret laboratories full of fascinating and eye-popping wonder—from the instant you wake up to the time you nod off at night! Discover these awe-inspiring scientific playgrounds with Exploralab—the hands-on, action-packed activity guide from the world’s most beloved an... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.