● Translate craft books from German into English for Dover Publications. Develop style guides and liaise with
authors and editors on queries.
● Proofread and cold-read craft books for Dover Publications.
● Copyedit and proofread book proposals for clarity and consistency.
● Researched and solicited book proposals from academics in Architecture, Design, and Historic Conservation.
● Negotiated and wrote contracts for books culminating in $1.4 million in projected revenue.
● Wrote back cover and catalog copy for forthcoming titles.
● Targeted marketing opportunities for both new books and backlist titles.
● Researched subjects of interest for publication; primary genres included literature, cooking, and crafts.
● Copyedited and proofread forewords, introductions, jacket copy, and other new additions to books.
● Managed project flow and worked with other departments to maintain deadlines.
● Proofed second-pass manuscripts and page proofs.
● Wrote columns, book reviews, and product reviews for Vogue Knitting and KnitSimple magazines.
● Wrote copy for the “KnitNews” monthly email newsletter and promotional/marketing emails.
● Proofread articles for Vogue Knitting and KnitSimple magazines.
● Sourced materials, wrote copy for, tech edited, and proofread patterns for 60 knitting and crochet booklets.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Collaborative editor and bestselling ghostwriter with 15 years of publishing experience, specializing in memoir and how-to.
I am an editor, project manager and writer based in London. I specialise in creative collaboration, editorial development and support.