I’m currently freelancing at The Art Newspaper doing editorial work and helping out with special projects. Apart from working on monthly issues I've been involved with prepping work for daily issues in LA, New York and Hong Kong.
A redesigned supplement for The Armory Show in New York was well received by both the London and New York offices, this has led to a longer contract and more regular work.
Maternity cover for National Geographic Traveller (UK), lead designer on all supplements and co-designer on the magazine. Designed and published weekly HTML newsletters, commissioned travel photographers and illustrators. Created newspaper inserts for the Mail on Sunday and The Guardian. The magazine won a BSME award during this time.
Lead designer on the award-winning Big Issue account, responsible for layout, picture research, production and assisting the Art Director (occasionally acted as the Art Director which involved designing covers). Sourced and commissioned photographers and illustrators, and helped to manage the budget.
• Supervised the production of The Big Chill festival programmes, poster campaigns and supplements which created additional revenue for the company
• Worked on a redesign of the magazine which led to PPA awards and increased circulation
• Set up the template and design for The Big Issue Festival Guide which is used annually and has consistently high ad sales
• Designed Big Issue covers that were sold as artwork at Big Issue charity events
• Managed an offshore retouching team for The Big Issue which made production more efficient
• Worked on The Big Issue Foundation’s identity and made exhibition panels for HSBC to create a brand partnership.
Clients: Tate Galleries, The Art Newspaper, Jack Morton, BSkyB, Ogilvy, MBA, NSPCC, Canon, Plaza Publishing, The Gate, McCann Ericsson, Barker Langham
• Designed print materials for Tate Britain, Tate Modern, Tate Liverpool and Tate St. Ives which featured in Creative Review
• Designed pages for Ambition magazine which won the coveted award for Best Online Magazine at the Membership Excellence Awards, 2017
• Worked with the design team on the launch of the Sky Arts identity
• Led the design and production for Charity Finance magazine
• Designed print for the NSPCC’s Trek Tanzania which encouraged people to sign up and raise money
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Jeff is an Art Director from NYC. He specializes in the Fantasy, YA, and Sci-Fi genre. Known for creating cover for Snow Like Ashes series.
I worked on book designs, translating art, architecture, experimental literature and socio-political topics from the content to the shape.