Taylor & Francis
- Copyedit academic journals, includes fact checking, table/figure formatting, reference formatting and verification, and content review and organization.
- Check spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, headers, footers; make corrections and submit suggestions for improved flow and text tightness.
- Verify styles of individual journal titles (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, 17th Edition).
- Full list of journals available upon request; some current titles included here: Journal of Advertising; Journal of Interactive Advertising; Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising; Women’s Studies in Communication; Journal of Sex Research; Military Behavioral Health; Psychiatry; Journal of LGBT Youth; Clinical Hypnosis
GGS Information Services
- Edit technical publications for customer projects. Includes editing for textual content, format, layout, tables, figures (photographs and line art), and technical accuracy. Ensure clarity of content and consistency within and across manuals. Contact customers, engineers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to verify accuracy of document resources and engineer drawings. Recent customers include BAE Systems, Smiths Detection, Parker Hannifin, Leonardo DRS, Boeing, B/E Aerospace, IS&S Solutions, Smiths Detection X-Ray Division, and other short- and long-term commercial and military contracts.
- Provide quality control metrics to show project progress. Provide supplemental info to writers to improve knowledge base. Train technical writers in project-specific styles and specifications.
- Research and report on recommendations regarding development of writer procedures and guidelines, including ways to improve productivity and enhance writer independence while striving for a consistent and accurate end product.
- Perform technical writing duties, including research, revision, art evaluation, communicating with engineers and other SMEs, and creating new or revised documents.
- Perform production tasks as needed, including template development and typesetting.
The Haworth Press
- Conducted developmental reviews of new manuscripts: Assessed text/artwork for fair-use/permissions/ reproducibility problems. Formatted manuscripts for typesetting. Reorganized text for clarity.
- Copy edited countless manuscripts, including fiction, journals, and academic books.
- Contacted authors/editors with review results and resolved outstanding issues before books entered production. Worked closely with ESL authors.
- Handled all aspects of new outsourcing projects, implemented September 2005. Assisted in developing template/process for outsourcing. Provided training to other editors.
- Developed templates for in-house electronic editing. Worked with editors and staff in Chennai, India, to launch outsourcing.
- List of books available upon request.
- Coordinated ads for seven nonprofit community newspapers (Binghamton, Poughkeepsie, Syracuse, Utica, NY; Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, PA; Stamford, CT).
- Created all advertisements to advertiser specifications; created graphics and designed elements for newspaper sections.
- Supervised other production employees and directed general workflow. Trained production employees.
- Oversaw special project production (calendars, brochures, pamphlets) and coordinated off-site printing; contacted suppliers, printers, and advertisers on a regular basis for special project and regular printing schedule orders.
- Wrote general newspaper and special issue articles as needed. Proofread individual ads and fully typeset newspapers.
- Redeveloped electronic/digital filing system for advertisers and advertisements to increase efficiency and improve likelihood that advertisers would purchase ad space.
- Received the Simon J. Rockower award for excellence in cover design, 1999.