Specializing in illustrated non-fiction I offer a wide range of editorial services including project management, developmental editing, copy editing, proofreading and content creation. Clients include Dorling Kindersley, Octopus Publishing Group, Quarto, Art of Publishing, Summersdale, Susanna Geoghegan Gift Publishing and Ryland Peters & Small.
• Overseeing the editorial and design process from conception through to publication on a wide range of illustrated reference books
• Developing ideas for front list titles alongside the publisher, as well as coming up with innovative and commercial ways to repackage and reuse existing material within the group
• Editing and proofreading all materials at various stages of production and conducting design checks to proofs
• Creating original copy for book covers and introductions
• Writing title information sheets for sales and marketing purposes
• Managing a small team of in-house editors and designers, and responsible for project budgets and scheduling
• Commissioning freelance editors, authors and designers, providing detailed briefs, negotiating contracts, fees
• Liaising with picture research, production, marketing and sales departments to ensure good communications
and a smooth workflow
How to use your astrological sign's birth horoscope to transform every area of your life.Learn how to interpret the positions of the zodiac signs, sun, moon and other planets to better understand yourself and your place in the world around you.The book outlines the key principles of astrology and pinpoints ways you can use it as a form of self-help. This ancient art can help you improve many d... read more
Explore the psychological function and meaning of dreams, and unlock their power for self-improvement.Have you ever dreamt you were being chased? Or that your teeth were falling out? Does fire, water or lost love recur in your dreams? With expert advice and guidance, find out how to decode and interpret your dreams to reveal how the images, stories and emotions you experience in sleep are deep... read more
Mindfulness has become a key part of life. The benefits of taking time (even just a few minutes a day) to step back from the rush of life and focus on yourself and your thoughts can be enormous - you will find yourself becoming more centred, more aware of your own needs and more ready to face the challenges of day to day life. The exercises in 365 Ways to Everyday Mindfulness can be undertaken... read more
Whether you're writing a love letter or a valedictory speech for a colleague; whether a craft project has stalled because you can't decide on the colors to use; whether you're designing a website or a sonnet; whether your inclination is to write words or doodle pictures, The Joy of Creativity will help you engage
Perfect for anyone who wants to create nail art with personality, Awesome Nails provides more than 40 designs for nail decals you can print at home. Clear, photographic step-by-step tutorials show you how to apply the designs, and you can also download, scan, colour in or trace to customize and make your own. Two pages of ready-to-wear nail stickers mean that you can get started straight away.... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.