I work with authors and top textbook and academic publishing companies including Collins, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Pearson and SAGE. Recent projects include development editing and substantive/line editing school and university textbooks in fields such as psychology, business studies, law, economics, linguistics and sociology.
• Commissioned textbooks, scholarly trade books, reference works, monographs, edited books and electronic resources.
• Negotiated contracts and developed strong relationships with a wide range of scholars from new authors to top names in psychology.
• Managed extensive backlist, including transforming new editions of textbooks and handbooks to increase sales, reviving successful monograph series and working with colleagues to maximise sales potential for backlist titles.
• Delivered engaging and effective presentations of new projects to sales, marketing and senior management.
• Wrote persuasive copy for a variety of audiences.
Developed high-profile university textbooks and associated online resources in a variety of disciplines, including psychology, politics, law, education, nursing, business studies and economics. Project management, market research, reading manuscripts, author coaching.
Are We Getting Smarter?
Developmental Psychology 1st edition provides a clear and lively coverage of the main topics and concepts required by the British Psychological Society (BPS). The book takes a broadly topical organisation addressing the social and cognitive strands of development, providing an intuitive pathway through the core topics, and a final section which focuses on the clinical and applied aspects of th... read more
8th Edition book of Management and Organisational Behaviour by Laurie J Mullins
Cognitive Science combines the interdisciplinary streams of cognitive science into a unified narrative in an all-encompassing introduction to the field. This text presents cognitive science as a discipline in its own right, and teaches students to apply the techniques and theories of the cognitive scientist's 'toolkit' - the vast range of methods and tools that cognitive scientists use to stud... read more
Hard to Find
Through an exacting yet accessible reconstruction of eleven of Freud's essential theoretical writings, Susan Sugarman demonstrates that the traditionally received Freud is the diametric opposite of the one evident in the pages of his own works. Whereas Freud's theory of the mind is typically conceived as a catalogue of uninflected concepts and crude reductionism - for instance that we are noth... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.