- University of Cambridge MA Hons Geography
Oxford University Press
Through commissioning and delivering exciting picture books, character brands, young fiction and gift
publishing, I helped to shape and build a successful children’s list.
My stable of authors and illustrators included Richard Byrne, Corrinne Averiss, Fiona Woodcock, Sean Sims, Layn Marlow, Tim Warnes, Lalalimola, Mark Sperring, Lauren Child, Briony May Smith, Tom Moorhouse, Ross Collins, Rebecca Ashdown, Sarah McIntyre, Valerie Thomas, Korky Paul and Simon Rickerty.
• Commissioned and edited commercially successful titles with strong market and customer appeal.
• Attracted high-profile author and illustrator talent to the list, including David Roberts, Yuval Zommer
and Catherine Rayner.
• Generated new ideas, characters and concepts for pre-school titles, picture books and young fiction
before bringing creative teams together to realise them.
• Developed storylines and wrote texts.
• Rejuvenated backlist gems into new formats appropriate for today’s market.
• Provided trusted author and illustrator care, including career and creative development support.
• Offered industry insights to organisations such as SCBWI, Bath Spa University and The Story Museum
through one-to-one mentoring, panel events and presentations.
Helen has 4 reviews