- BA English Language and Literature
I provide comprehensive developmental, content, and copy edits to authors who self-publish. I focus on the story as a whole, as well as look at it line by line, to make sure it all works.
I work with authors to get the very best version of their stories ready for readers, all while keeping the author's voice intact.
I also work with some authors developing ideas and outlines and write back-cover copy/blurbs.
Harlequin, a division of HarperCollins
* Provide substantive/line edits, checking for consistency from scene to scene (GMCs, actions, descriptions, etc.).
* Edit to improve paragraph structure, scene structure, and transitions.
* Revise repetitive words/phrases/structures.
* Check dialogue is authentic, believable, and flows.
* Tighten wordy sentences.
* Check for readability, pacing, clarity, and consistency.
* Reviewed submissions, prepared and presented acquisition proposals to the acquisition board, provided developmental, content/line edits.
* Developed and maintained the vision and quality of the imprints through controlled acquisitions and QA of every book published on the line.
* Collaborated with the authors, marketing, art, and administrative departments. taking manuscript from acquisition to publication.
* Wrote back cover copy and worked with various departments to design the best marketing tools and metadata.
* Managed the imprint’s production editor and publicist as well the day-to-day editorial operations, including writing outlines for spec projects and approving all acquisition proposals for the imprint before they were brought to the acquisitions board.
* Reviewed submissions, acquired manuscripts, provided content/line edits, reviewed copy edits and galleys, took the manuscript from acquisition to publication.
* Wrote back cover copy and tip sheets, coordinated between the author and the marketing and art departments to develop a comprehensive marketing package.
* Developed anthologies, including recruiting specific authors, promoting interest within the writing community, considering submissions, acquisition and editing the anthology.