I am a literary publicist with seven years’ experience in publishing, with positions at Simon & Schuster, Walker Books and Scholastic. I have managed publicity campaigns including press coverage, blogger outreach and coordinated author events including tours, launches and public speaking commitments. I have worked with debut and established writers. I have good relationships with my media and bookseller contacts, knowledge of the UK book market and a strategic approach to event planning.
Please note I only target UK and Eire publications.
Managed PR plans and publicity campaigns within a set budget.
Maintained press and blogger relationships; developed new media contacts and targeted mailing lists (Gorkana). Regularly met journalists in person to present new titles and pitched for coverage via email.
Managed events including book launches, tours and festival schedules.
Provided content for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Created and implemented publicity campaigns across print, digital media and events for authors including Michael Rosen, Chris Riddell and Chris Haughton.
Assisted Publicity Manager with brands including Anthony Horowitz, Where’s Wally? and the anniversary campaigns for We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and Five Minutes Peace.
Coordinated and wrote content for Picture Book Party - Walker’s hub for picture books.
Account management: collaboratively devised marketing strategies in order to meet clients’ brand requirements at conferences and provided exhibition sales analysis.
Business development: sourced new exhibition clients and negotiated new contracts.
Provided e-commerce content for website, email promotions and social media sites.
Attended conferences throughout Europe where I met clients and recruited new business.
Created and implemented publicity campaigns within a set budget. Supported PR Director with high profile brands including The Hunger Games and Horrible Histories.
Negotiated and booked advertising space with external media agencies.
Briefed marketing material including presenters, digital / print advertisements.
First point of contact for press enquiries (telephone and email).
Managed the departmental budget and events diary.
Collated and circulated press reviews in a weekly internal report.
Coordinated monthly mailings of new books.
Adam Silvera is a New York Times bestselling author of Young Adult novels. I worked on the UK release of History Is All You Left Me and They They Both Die At The End.
- Tour with Adam included two public events - Waterstones Piccadilly (London) and Eason O’Connell Street (Dublin). This was ahead of publication of They They Both Die At The End so I printed advance reader copies ahead of the tour, and revealed the UK cover for They Both Die At The End live at the Waterstones event.
- Adam’s novel History Is All You Left Me was picked for the Zoella Book Club exclusive to WHSmith. Ahead of the trade announcement, whilst he was in the UK, I secretly filmed him in conversation with Juno Dawson, who had selected and reviewed History Is All You Left Me for the book club – the videos were then used by WHSmith.
- To utilise Adam’s online reach (Instagram: 24k and Twitter: 29k followers) my campaign supported this. I produced sharables to help promote the book, and launched a Twitter campaign inviting Twitter users to share how they would spend their own End Day, and enlisted bloggers and media outlets Maximum Pop and Culturefly to help us spread the word. #TBDATE
- Enlisted the support of UK bloggers which included giveaways and interviews.
- Exclusive video interview with Adam and Dave O’Callaghan (Easons’s YA Book Buyer) for the Eason blog, we have reshared it this week to coincide with publication.
- Arranged for Adam to be interviewed live on breakfast television show Ireland AM
- Secured interviews for Adam with Inis magazine (published by Children’s Books Ireland) and Gay Community News.
- I teamed up with Maximum Pop! to arrange article including an ARC giveaway, coverage of our live cover reveal, a sample chapter and fun quizzes.
Abi Elphinstone is the author of The Dreamsnatcher, The Shadow Keeper and The Night Spinner. Her first stand-alone novel Sky Song was selected as the Waterstones Children's Book of the Month for January 2018. My publicity campaign included widespread coverage in the national press, blanket interview coverage across key media outlets, social media support and a busy year-long events schedule. Please see the highlights below.
- I distributed lavish advance reader copies which mailed out wrapped in sheet music with a snowflake and key tied to the package. We received a phenomenal response on social media, and I arranged trade and consumer proof giveaways across Goodreads, the Youth Librarians Group newsletter and via social media with partners including Authorfy.
- Widespread review coverage including reviews in The Sunday Times (Children’s Book of the Week), The Times (Children’s Book of the Week), The Guardian and the i. Also selected as Children’s Book of the Month in The Bookseller.
- Abi toured leading bookshops in central London to meet booksellers and sign stock – across Waterstones, Daunts, Foyles and Hatchards branches.
- Launched a window competition with bookshops to dress their windows based on Sky Song. Two bookshops win dinner with Abi and the publisher will adopt an Arctic Fox for the two winning shoppers.
- Coverage secured in Waterstones Blog, Books for Keeps, Booktrust, Just Imagine, Booktime, World Book Day, WRD magazine
- Promotional book tour to coincide with publication month in partnership with Waterstones, Blackwell’s and independents. I have also secured Abi for inclusion in the Biggest Book Show on Earth tour with World Book Day, as a speaker at the Children’s Books Ireland conference and at literary festivals including Edinburgh, Cheltenham, Bath, Borders, Barnes, Oxford (plus many more)
- Book launch for Sky Song was held at Waterstones Kings Road in Chelsea – guests donned a sprinkle of silver to tie in with the icy setting, and I arranged refreshments. The party was covered in Bookbrunch.
- Coordinated with Abi to issue a series of ‘reveals’ on her social media channels – including title, prologue and the map from the book. We teamed up with National Geographic Kids’ who revealed the book cover.
- I had Sky Song themed headers produced for Abi’s Facebook and Twitter channels and oversaw a rebranding of her website.
Santa Montefiore is the author of sixteen bestselling novels. Her husband Simon Sebag Montefiore is a bestselling historian, novelist and television presenter. The Royal Rabbits of London is their first collaboration and their first venture into children’s books, and illustrated by Kate Hindley. I have worked on the launch of the first two books in the series.
- I issued an acquisition of this prestigious acquisition to the UK book trade ahead of the Bologna Book Fair, and announced news of the forthcoming film adaptation with 20th Century Fox shortly afterwards.
- I coordinated a dinner for VIP retailers ahead of publication and invited Santa as a guest author to introduce the series to head office buyers.
- My campaign for the first book in the series included high profile interviews in The Times and YOU (Mail on Sunday). I also secured Santa for slots including Pieces of Me (The Telegraph), Time and Place (The Sunday Times) and My Six Best Books (Daily Express).
- To promote the paperback of the first book launched a partnership with Mayfair hotel Grosvenor House to coordinate an afternoon tea experience based on the characters – including pastries based on characters from the book, a branded menu and a goody bag for all families who purchased the tea. Coverage of this can be found on The Bookseller.
- For both books I coordinated book launch parties with a guest list including personal connections of the Montefiores along with key media and retail contacts. I launched the first book at Hatchards (Piccadilly) and the sequel at Grosvenor House (Mayfair).
- To launch Escape from the Tower, I coordinated a day of broadcast interviews in association with media agency 4MediaRelations. In total, we secured 40 items of coverage across UK radio stations.
- For the second book I also worked alongside our marketing team to brand a fleet of London black cabs. I coordinated a tour around London with the authors being photographed with the taxis by London landmarks. We received coverage in the book trade.
`Packed with fun, fantasy and the sort of adventure guaranteed to have sticky little fingers hungrily turning the pages' The Mail on Sunday Life is an adventure. Anything in the world is possible - by will and by luck, with a moist carrot, a wet nose and a slice of mad courage! Little Shylo Tawny-Tail is proud to call himself one of the Royal Rabbits of London, a secret order who live under Bu... read more
'A shimmering thrill-ride of a book. I loved every page.' Lauren St John, author of The White Giraffe 'Sky Song made my heart sing - I loved it!' Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Girl of Ink and Stars 'A dazzling snowstorm of an adventure, with hope at its heart' Emma Carroll, author of Letters from the Lighthouse `I cannot recommend highly enough... a brilliant, heart-stopping, tear-ind... read more
Two of the biggest names in children's publishing, Michael Rosen and Chris Riddell, come together in a new poetry collection. The poems in A Great Big Cuddle fizz off the page with sound and rhythm, energy and laughter, as Rosen captures in the most remarkable way what it means to be very, very young. A child's world with all its details and feelings - toys and games, animals and made-up creat... read more
From a smelly watering hole deep in the heart of the Serengeti to the ferocious clamour of the Colosseum, join Julius Zebra and his motley menagerie of friends as they gear up to be ...GLADIATORS! Only if they win the love of the Roman crowds will they win back their freedom. But do Julius and his pals have what it takes to succeed in a world where only the meanest and toughest survive?
From Chris Haughton, the multi award-winning author-illustrator of A Bit Lost and Oh No, George!, comes a picture book about a beautiful bird, four friends and plans gone wrong...The friends are out for a walk. Suddenly, they spot it - a beautiful bird perched high in a tree! They simply must have it and - ssh! - they have a plan. So they tip-toe very slowly, nets poised - "Ready one ...ready ... read more
From the bestselling author of HISTORY IS ALL YOU LEFT ME comes another unforgettable story of life, loss and making each day count On September 5th, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: they're going to die today. Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their ... read more
The big day has almost arrived and one little puppy is very excited about his first EVER Christmas. But with three drooling Dalmatians, six sausage-snaffling Scotties and every dog in town helping out, the festive season is a shambles! Will everything be ready in time for Christmas Day? Children will love picking their favourite dogs and spotting the puppy in busy scenes. This hilarious pictur... read more
'A Bewitching tale, charmingly told and is certain to delight any witch in the making' M.G, Leonard, award-winning author of Beetle Boy 'A gorgeous story that bubbles with charm, wit and magic' Abi Elphinstone, author of The Dreamsnatcher 'Bursting with memorable characters, a huge sense of fun and a big dollop of honey, flowers and strawberry-scented magic!' Joe Berger, author of Lyttle Lies ... read more
Another laugh-out-loud story from the bestselling Supertato series. Meet Supertato! The supermarket superhero with eyes everywhere. It's Sports Day in the supermarket and all the veggies are in training. Everyone has been practising hard and is ready and raring to go. However, a new competitor joins the event, accompanied by The Evil Pea, and is determined to win all the prizes. Things don't s... read more
The electrifying #1 New York Times bestselling debut novel from YouTube sensation Joey Graceffa dares to ask the question: What would you do in order to survive if your very existence were illegal?Rowan is a second child in a world where population control measures make her an outlaw, marked for death. She can never go to school, make friends, or get the eye implants that will mark her as a tr... read more
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games," a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-ye... read more
Unfold all the fun of the bear hunt in this delightful pocket-sized pop-up of the award-winning picture book classic.We're going on a bear hunt. We're going to catch a big one. Will you come too? For a quarter of a century, readers have been swishy-swashying and splash-sploshing through this award-winning favourite. Follow and join in the family's excitement as they wade through the grass, spl... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Book marketer and earned media specialist with 10 years of experience across non-fiction content categories, specializing in culinary.
Freelance copywriter & PR consultant with ten years of independent, in-house, & agency experience, specialising in education.