Experienced copyeditor and proofreader
Attentive to detail and thorough in approach to copyediting and proofreading
Naturally analytical and a meticulous fact-checker
Computer literate and able to edit/proof in Microsoft Word and Adobe
Self-motivated, pro-active and resourceful and able to complete work to deadlines
A traditionally published author of two social history books (Victorian Policing, Pen and Sword 2017 and Struggle and Suffrage in Wakefield, Pen and Sword 2019) with first-hand knowledge of the process of turning a cherished manuscript into a published book.
Experienced in writing tight and succinct copy for various publications
Current clients include:
• A specialist book publisher of military, naval and maritime history; transport and aviation; local and social history; genealogy; discovery and exploration; archaeology; nostalgia; and true crime.
• A private individual for whom I provide a proofreading service for fiction books being uploaded to Kindle.
• A local website developer for whom I write website content, newsletters, blogs and features. I also write, edit and proofread for a number of the company’s clients. These include foodservice companies, IT providers, home furnishing retailers and distribution companies.
• A local website company for which I provide proofreading and editing services for copy submitted by their clients.
• Other clients for which I have written and supplied new website copy include a local solicitors’ practice and a consumer organisation psychology company.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.