I'm an experienced freelance editor who has worked with big-name publishers, exciting indies and directly with authors. I specialise in women's fiction, historical, and history non-fiction, and historical romance is my catnip. All heat levels considered, though include content warnings if you think I might need them!
- Publishing Training Centre
I work with author clients at the start of their publishing journey, refining ideas and building on their writing craft to produce a polished manuscript. I focus on women’s and historical fiction and history non-fiction, although I have undertaken projects across a variety of genres.
I have worked with publishing companies and directly with authors to develop titles at all stages from outline to proofreading. Clients include: Penguin, Headline , Hodder & Stoughton, Ebury/Random House, Pan Macmillan, Choc Lit, Atlantic Books, Oneworld Publications, PS Publishing, DB Publishing, Icon Books, The Oxford Editors, Cornerstones and private clients.
I write contemporary, category-length romance under the pen name Ellie Darkins. My first novel was published in January 2014 and I have since published fifteen more with Harlequin Mills & Boon ! I was shortlisted for a Romantic Novel of the Year award in 2019.
• Commissioning new projects and new editions, writing strategy plans.
• Ensuring timely publication, liaising with freelancers, creating P&Ls, setting budgets, picture research, and briefing and proofreading covers.
• Managing author relationships, ensuring timely delivery of manuscripts.
• Working with editorial assistants and development editors to ensure administrative and development tasks were completed.
Eleanor has 18 reviews