Worked alongside the editorial team at indie press Lookout Books
Oversaw social media content
Contributed to blog posts
Helped to design cover art in InDesign
Solicited writers for anthology
Worked with team on promotional content
Copyedited manuscripts and attended weekly meetings
• Read and selected pieces for publication
• Attended remote meetings via Skype each week with editors
• Brainstormed new themes and suggested new authors for solicitation
• Communicated directly with authors about payment and creative suggestions from the editorial team
• Wrote book reviews
• Shipped and processed journal deliveries
Assistant editor for The Anthology: Winthrop University’s Art and Literary Magazine
Worked with the editor-in-chief to direct our team of prose, poetry, art, and photography editors.
Led team-building exercises and meetings, assigned tasks, assisted in hiring process, approved designs and layouts made by the graphic designer
Copyedited all issues before finalization, organized group of volunteers, communicated directly with those who submitted or expressed interest in the publication
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor and proofreader with 18+ years' experience in fiction (mystery/crime and middle-grade) and non-fiction (travel, business, memoirs).
A seasoned project manager/editor (25+ years in house) in social sciences/humanities, I love collaborating to bring out the best in a book.