I enjoy working directly with authors, helping them figure out the indexing process and what will work best for their needs. Because I have experience with both traditional and embedded indexing, I can be flexible in performing the appropriate type of indexing for each project and can easily explain the advantages and disadvantages of each indexing method to my clients.
- Member, American Society for Indexing
* Managed 175+ titles per year.
* Hired from pool of 12 freelance indexers, scheduled up to 5 in-house indexers, and personally completed over 30 indexing projects per year.
* Solved indexing difficulties and answered indexing-related questions from colleagues .
* Indexed books ranging from 200 to 1200 pages and covering beginner- to professional-level computer topics.
* Telecommuted for last 12 years of employment.
With over 25 years of extensive experience in the publishing field plus a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, I have dedicated myself to developing thorough, insightful, and creative indexes to publications ranging from computer technology books, how-to manuals, educational textbooks, travel guides, and nonfiction trade books. I have demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines, and providing detailed, high-quality indexes. I have also served as a freelance editor and indexer for Frommer’s travel guides including guides to Paris, Australia, London, and even Disney World!
I offer a wide variety of indexing services in varied software formats and workflows, including embedded indexes in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign, as well as indexing from PDFs and hard copy. I have a reputation for troubleshooting and resolving problems, adapting easily to changing workflows with efficient and flexible project management.
Cheryl has 14 reviews
Laura E. K.