I can help you develop more pace and drive in your novel, make your characters feel rounded and genuine and bring out the very best in your story so that readers will have the very best experience reading it.
‘Caroline Hogg is the best editor I’ve ever worked with. She is an expert in the craft of what makes a compelling story and gives thoughtful, clever and thorough notes while taking care to honour the author’s voice and ideas. I have no doubt that my high review scores online are in large part due to Caroline’s work on my novels. I believe Caroline is the best in the business and I highly recommend her.’
Kirsty Greenwood, bestselling author of Yours Truly and He Will Be Mine
'Caroline is a first-class editor with spot-on instincts for story, character and concept. There's no doubt that her feedback enhanced and polished my novel beyond the point to which I could take it on my own and that the finished book is greatly improved as a result. Her enthusiasm for my ideas and writing made working on the novel a joy and her suggestions were intelligent and intuitive. She's also thoroughly lovely to work with!'
Tracy Rees, bestselling author of the Richard and Judy winner Amy Snow and The Rose Garden
- A Bookseller Rising Star, 2016
- BA (Hons) English Literature
* Acquiring the best women’s fiction for the UK’s most successful imprint in this genre.
* Structural editing, copywriting, briefing covers, liaising with Comms teams, negotiating new deals, building strong and productive author and agent relationships.
* Devised original IP novels and saw them through to successful publication.
* worked with Sunday Times and internationally bestselling authors Lucy Diamond and Karen Swan. Part of the team behind the phenomenal Lucinda Riley.
* Part of a highly motivated team with responsibilities at each stage of taking a book from acquisition to publication.
* Worked with bestselling authors Trisha Ashley, Liz Trenow and Jacque Rose.
Little, Brown Book Group
* I started my publishing career at Little, Brown as an editorial assistant and worked up to become Senior Editor on the Sphere team.
* I published Ali McNamara’s debut which became an instant breakout success,
* Originated the idea for the novel The Vintage Tea Cup Club, which went on to be a UK sales success and sell in many foreign territories.
* Part of the team working on books by Louise Candlish, Dorothy Koomson and Nora Roberts