As a senior editor with Harper Horizon and Harper Select, I develop and acquire a wide range of nonfiction titles, including history, memoir, biography/autobiography, music, parenting, self-help, and more.
• Managed the production of projects across a variety of genres, including business books, adult/YA fiction, self-help, fitness and wellness, coffee table and cookbooks, and children’s books.
• Worked directly with authors, illustrators, editors, and designers to coordinate all aspects of a book’s development.
• Provided comprehensive guidance to authors during every step of production—including editing, design, and printing—informed by current market trends as well as house and industry standards.
• Directed the publication process from acquisition to publication, tracking each stage of the process to ensure the best possible products in a timely manner; worked with authors and team members all over the country to ensure best collaborative processes.
• Directed, trained, and supervised other editors within the press as well as outside freelancers, designers, and typesetters.
• Oversaw developmental editing, copy editing, proofing, and fact-checking of all manuscripts.
• Worked directly with authors and freelancers to achieve the best product(s) possible while maintaining the author’s original vision.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Creative and passionate editor, specialising in children's MG/YA fiction. Previously Simon & Schuster/Scholastic/Christopher Little Lit.
I focus on travel memoirs, travelogues, and travel guides. Highly skilled wordsmith and globe trotter. I boost your travel writing!