Authored/edited and designed a number of books for Rough Guides' reference department:
• Author, designer: The Rough Guide to Android Phones (2011), The Rough Guide to Android Phones and Tablets (2012), The Rough Guide to the Best Android Apps (2012), The Rough Guide Website Directory (2007)
• Editor and designer: FWD This Link, The Next Big Thing and The Rough Guide to Windows 7
• London’s Lost Rivers: History / psychogeography (Strange Attractor books)
• The Linkdex Manual: Authored and designed 140-page user manual for web-based SEO discovery platform (Linkdex)
• Panzram, A Journal Of Murder: True crime novel (Amok Books)
• The White Stripes And The Sound Of Mutant Blues: Music biography (Omnibus Press)
• Suture, The Arts Journal: Illustrated music, arts & cultural theory publication (Creation Books)
• Light In The Darkness: Executive reports for international news organization (Internews Network)
• Internews South Sudan: Community radio training manual (Internews Network)
• Magic Travel Guides: Tourist guides & maps (The Magic Travel Group)
Over the years I have worked for a number of publications, often in an all-encompassing role handling everything from art direction and design to commissioning illustrations and photography to overseeing print and production.
• Plan B magazine: Acclaimed international monthly music and culture publication.
• Driven By Health magazine: B2B publication operating within the health sector.
• Truck Festival and End Of The Road Festival: Programmes and advertising for these two music festivals.
• Baby & Toddler Gear: High-street consumer magazine.
• The London News Review: Weekly tabloid-format newspaper.
• Careless Talk Costs Lives: Luxuriously printed bimonthly music magazine.
Working for a number of e-learning agencies (Leo Learning, City & Guilds Kineo and others), have art directed printed publications, e-learning and interactive media for high-profile clients across a range of industries, as well as infographics, templates, brochures and marketing materials. Clients include:
• Entertainment industry: Universal Pictures, Sony
• Banking and finance: Barclays, Lloyds, Suncorp, PwC, Goldman Sachs
• Energy: BP, Shell, E.ON
• Cosmetics: L’Oreal, Redken, Kerastase, Decleor
• Health sector: NHS, Brilinta, Johnson & Johnson
• Automotive & aerospace: Jaguar Land Rover, Audi / Volkswagen Group, British Airways, Easyjet
• Hospitality: Marriott, GHA
• Internet: Squarespace
• Food: Kellogs, Sainsburys
• Clothing/fashion: H&M, John Lewis
• Government: Civil Service Learning, Home Office, The Environment Agency
• Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Design and production for a number of print and online projects.
• Marketing materials
• Executive reports
• Application packs
• Pamphlets and brochures
I am a keen illustrator, supplying work to a number of publications on a regular basis, as well as technical diagrams, maps, animations and promotional materials. Clients include Plan B magazine, Loose Lips Sink Ships quarterly, Careless Talk Costs Lives magazine, Bunkhouse magazine, Infinite Chug records, the Magic Travel group, Brooke University Oxford, Kawade Shobo Japan, Kiki Lighting, King Alfred’s College Winchester, Ché Trading ltd, and Stereo Test Kit records.
The Rough Guide to Android Phones and Tablets is a must-have introduction for anyone picking up a new Android device. Written for the new Android 4 platform, the book covers everything you need to know to make the most from your new device, from the basics right through to advanced techniques and tricks. We've tried and tested thousands of apps across a full range of categories and bring you 1... read more
A travelogue that takes the reader on a series of walks along the routes of eight lost rivers in London, combining directions for walkers with richly detailed anecdotes outlining the history of each river's route, origins and decline.When we think of London's river, the vast thoroughfare of the Thames immediately springs to mind. But this ancient city was built around other rivers too – and tr... read more
A detailed memoir and self-analysis by a mass murderer. Panzram was born in 1891 on a Minnesota farm and died in 1930 on the gallows at the U.S.Penitentiary, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Imprisoned for most of his life from the age of twelve and brutally punished, Panzram's keen insight into the arbitrary cruelty of his fellow human being is graphically illustrated with a litany of prison abuses,... read more
Times change. People move on. Plunging a hand into a pot of boiling oil is no longer considered an accurate way of determining the guilt of an adulterous woman. We tend not to casually vomit at the dinner table, do the Macarena, or fly around in airships inflated with highly flammable gas. We live our lives amid a complex web of rapidly changing ideas, desires and ethics; we pick the ones that... read more
The Rough Guide to Windows 7 is the ultimate companion to buying, using and getting the most from Windows 7. Discover all the facts and all the essential information you need to know, from how to use Microsoft Multi-touch technologies, how to customize the Windows 7 environment with backgrounds, ClearType and display shortcuts, plus Windows 7's advanced new Media Centre features. Don't miss a ... read more
So many apps and so little time. How do you get to the best with a minimum of fuss? The Rough Guide to the Best Android Apps solves the problem. This book reveals the 400 best free and paid applications for smartphones and tablets in all categories. Whether its navigation or news, photography or productivity, games or utilities, The Rough Guide to the Best Android Apps highlights the best Andr... read more
Looks at the features of the Android phone, covering such topics as applications, email, Android Market, and phone performance.
In the past few years, Detroit s Jack and Meg White have, in conjunction with a stream of similar-minded bands, revitalized rock music. Their sound is raw, stripped right back back to the primal fury and alienation of bluesmen like Son House and protopunks The Stooges and the MC5. In the Stripes hard knocks hometown of Detroit, an entire scene has emerged rudimentary, primordial garage rock ch... read more
A collection of illustrated essays on and by some of the most highly acclaimed figures in the global underground today. Suture documents radical artists, filmmakers, and writers working at the fringes of contemporary culture, including: Lydia Lunch, Joe Coleman, Romain Slocombe, Suehiro Maruo, John Hilcoat, James Havoc, Trevor Brown, Dame Darcy, Mark Hejnar.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Jeff is an Art Director from NYC. He specializes in the Fantasy, YA, and Sci-Fi genre. Known for creating cover for Snow Like Ashes series.
Experienced book cover and interior designer specializing in art, photography, cooking, music, history, and entertainment books.