Freelance editor, project manager and writer for non-fiction psychology, lifestyle and well being titles:
• Commissioning, managing and editing titles from experts and writers across a broad range of psychological and wellbeing fields.
• Project managing all editorial, creative and budget aspects on titles from commissioning stages through to publication.
• Full rewrites and ghost writing.
• Commissioning illustrators, artists and designers for projects.
•Picture research and permission clearing.
Trend-led project research and writing.
Writing project proposals and pitches for submission to agents and publishers.
•Author and agent care.
Editor for Penguin General commissioning and editing non-fiction psychology, health, lifestyle and well being titles from experts in their field publishing on the Penguin Life imprint:
• Commissioning titles from experts and writers across a broad range of health, science,
psychological and wellbeing fields for publication on the Penguin Life imprint.
• Project managing all editorial and creative aspects on full colour titles from commissioning
stages through to publication.
• Structurally editing manuscripts, producing cover copy, and generating book titles.
• Project managing redesign and reissue of backlist titles, amending content, copy, layout, and
• Contributing to acquisitions and brand building strategy.
• Direct author and agent liaison.
• Formerly working for PRH Group at Transworld Publishers and Michael Joseph imprints, editing Women's
Fiction, and Popular Non-Fiction titles
Root to Stem is a seasonal guide to living a healthy, sustainable lifestyle by putting nature at the heart of our physical and mental wellbeing. The root to stem philosophy means using all of the plant, vegetable or herb, to maximise the health benefits found in the ingredient, whilst also simultaneously reducing your carbon footprint and the amount of food wastage.Set out in four chapters, Ro... read more
*FROM THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF FRAZZLED*A three way encounter between a Monk, a neuroscientist and Ruby Wax sounds like the set up for a joke. Instead it's produced one of the most fascinating, intriguing and informative books about minds and bodies and brains and mindfulness I've ever encountered. A triangulation on what it means to be human., Utterly readable and surprisingly wis... read more
It's 1986 and Jack Sheffield returns to Ragley village school for his tenth rollercoaster year as headteacher. It's the year of Margaret Thatcher's third election victory, Dynasty and shoulder pads, Neighbours and a Transformer for Christmas. And at Ragley-on-the-Forest School, a year of surprises is in store., Ruby the Caretaker find happiness at last, Vera the Secretary makes an important de... read more
"It's gentle good humour and optimism will warm the stoniest of hearts." Daily ExpressWhen Rosie Featherstone finds herself unexpectedly jobless, the offer to help her beloved Italian grandmother out at the Lemon Tree Cafe – a little slice of Italy nestled in the rolling hills of Derbyshire – feels like the perfect way to keep busy.Surrounded by the rich scent of espresso, delicious biscotti a... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A lifetime of reading, editing, and writing books—this work is my dream. It would be an honor to help you get your book ready for the world.
Sandy is a seasoned editor of non-fiction and fiction titles, and has been helping authors 'give birth' to their books for 20 years.