I edit from the reader’s perspective, with the goal of crafting an accessible and engaging book—from the first page to the last page.
I am an accomplished developmental editor, book doctor, and ghostwriter with over three years of experience. Specializing in developmental edits, I have a keen sense for strengthening concepts and shaping manuscript structures that thrive in a competitive market.
I’m currently the Editorial Director at The Fedd Agency, a literary agency, where I oversee projects for both the traditional and hybrid publishing branches. I’ve worked with dozens of authors—from first-time to bestselling—collaborating with them to create unique and marketable books.
I’d love to collaborate with you on your book! You have a message, and I want to help you get it out to the world—loud, clear, and grammatically correct.
I have wanted to write a book for twenty years and I knew I couldn’t do it alone. However, one of my biggest fears was that my heart, passion, and tone would be disrupted or overshadowed during the editing process. All of my fears were alleviated when I met Tori Thacher. She pulled the best out of me as we built the concept for my first book, Neighborliness: Finding the Beauty of God Across Dividing Lines, and helped shape the structure of the message that was burning in my heart. Her ability to help me envision how a reader would receive the message was vital to the eventual success of the book and the warm reception it received from the general public. I highly recommend her services. Your message will be sharper and your voice will be amplified through her skill and passion in editing your work.
- David Docusen, DMin, Author of Neighborliness and Founder & Director of The Neighborliness Center
Oversees editorial development for all book proposals and manuscripts, providing feedback on concept, structure, and content. Optimize workflows and uphold high productivity by managing 15 manuscripts for the hybrid publishing division and generating 20 book proposals annually. Guides authors through the publishing process from launch to approval to print.
• Successfully closed on 6-figure book deals with big 5 publishers due to impactful proposals.
• Perform substantive and content development edits verifying adherence to
style, branding, grammar, and proper citations.
• Ensure quality and completeness for marketing solutions, titling, packaging
cover copy, and a wide range of other editorial and marketing materials.
• Achieve ideal results through cohesive collaboration with sales, design, and
production teams; cultivate a positive work environment.
Presented detailed line edits for 15 manuscripts annually to maximize quality and uphold standards. Implemented editorial guidelines by creating style guides. Oversaw administrative functions of production including reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and team coordination. Streamlined open communication with authors, freelancers, and external partners.
• Integral in reviewing submissions and determining final selections.
• Enhanced client experiences by educating them on top writing techniques.
• Served as a ghostwriter for clients; earned notable feedback and retention.
• Drafted back cover copy, endorsements, and forewords for authors.
• Served as the Developmental Editor for two non-fiction manuscripts for self-published authors, analyzing texts for content, structure, and grammatical accuracy, as well as discussing any potential changes with authors
• Ensured footnote and stylistic adherence to various style guides
• Generated thoughtful and constructive feedback regarding content and structure
• Connect frequently with authors in order to ensure a collaborative effort
• Sharpened skill sets by editing incoming manuscripts and extending meaningful feedback to the Editorial Director
• Researched and booked speaking engagements for clients to maximize brand awareness
• Compiled and organized data into a centralized location within digital company systems
• Honored with promotion after 3 months due to high performance
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.