I am Tatiana, a Ukrainian graphic designer and illustrator based in Lisbon, Portugal. I mainly work with self-published writers, educational brands. Among others I worked with traditional publishers - France (Hatier), Ukraine (Leaders Books), Australia ( Clark and Mackay) so far. I have been full time illustrator for more than 5 years and I have more than 30 books published as of now.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how I work on illustrating a children's book for authors who are interested in hiring me:
Step 1: Initial Discussion
We'll kick things off with a friendly chat, either through email, video call, or in person if possible. You can tell me all about your book, its theme, characters, and the vision you have for the illustrations.
Step 2: Proposal and Contract
Once we're on the same page, I'll provide you with a proposal that outlines the scope of the project, including the number of illustrations, the timeline, and the cost. If everything looks good, we'll move forward and sign a contract to formalize our partnership.
Step 3: Character and Style Development
Next, I'll start working on developing the characters and artistic style. I'll create sketches and concepts for the main characters and any important scenes. This is a collaborative process, so your feedback is crucial at this stage to make sure the characters resonate with your story.
Step 4: Rough Sketches
With the characters and style defined, I'll start creating rough sketches for each page of the book. These sketches will give you a rough idea of the composition and placement of characters, objects, and text. You can provide feedback and suggest any changes you'd like to see. This is the time to fine-tune the illustrations before moving on to color and detail.
Step 5: Adding Color and Detail
Once the sketches are finalized, I'll create final colored illustrations. This is where the magic happens, and your characters will come to life. I'll ensure that the colors and atmosphere match the mood of your story.
Step 6: Final Review and Approval
When all the illustrations are complete, I'll compile them into the book layout and send it over to you for a final review. We can make minor adjustments to ensure your complete satisfaction.
Step 7: Delivery of Files
Once you're happy with the illustrations and layout, I'll provide you with high-resolution files that are ready for printing. All illustrations I create are 100% vector, so you can easily reuse them later on different size and format without lose of quality!
If you have any questions or concerns along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's create a captivating world for young minds to explore together!
- June 2019 -“Odessa funny guide for kids” children’s book was chosen as “The best book of the fair in the category ‘Odessika’” at 20th Ukrainian book fair in Odessa region. There were 100+ participants in the competition and about 9 winners in different categories.
- May 2017 - “Alice Cat Alphabet” picture book won as the best project at the official Behance Portfolio review, Odessa, Ukraine.
- July 2016 - Tatiana's illustrations were shortlisted at the "Urban Sketching" global competition with 150,000 participants entering, Kalacheva online art school.
- book illustration and layout design
- custom illustrations
- surface pattern design
- branding, logo design, marketing banners
- product packaging design
- presentation design
- landing pages design
I've illustrated 30+ stories used on the webapp, mobile app and books.
The illustrations accompany each chapter of the story. The story engages the child to write down the continuation of each chapter to practice writing in a fun way.
- Illustrations for corporate blog and social media
- graphic design of brand elements - design of pet food packaging, flyers and brochures
- website design and app design
Tatiana has 1 review