I served as Content Strategist for Alive and Kicking, a documentary on swing dancing directed by Susan Glatzer, former VP at Paramount.
- Created, scheduled, and posted social media announcements
- Wrote blog posts and maintained website
- Brainstormed outreach and fundraising ideas
- Researched licensing information
- Filled in where needed, including booth attending and assisting film shoots
I'm a freelance writer, editor, proofreader, and fact-checker in Los Angeles. I've served as:
- Fact-checker for Entertainment Weekly, Los Angeles Magazine, and Gayot Publications
- Copyeditor for National Foreign Language Center (University of Maryland) and TakePart
- Writer and journalist publishing articles in Los Angeles Magazine, Los Angeles Times, LA Weekly, Hello Giggles, The Toast, The Billfold, The New York Observer, and others.
I authored a book chapter on "Joss Whedon and the Geek Musical" for the Routledge Companion to the Contemporary Musical, and present a paper at the international Song, Stage and Screen conference in 2019.
I founded a group for women and gender nonbinary writers called the San Gabriel Valley Women Writers, where we meet monthly to network and learn from expert speakers in different subjects related to writing and publishing.
Served as Associate Acquisitions Editor at scholarly publisher Scarecrow Press, Inc., a division of Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group.
- Oversaw publication of nearly 200 books
- Evaluated arts and pop culture proposals and manuscripts
- Researched comparable titles and created budgeting spreadsheets
- Wrote and edited pitch and promotional materials
- Researched photos and permissions
- Developed relationships with authors/scholars
- Assisted authors with manuscript submissions
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Bestselling author, editor, commissioning editor, packager and publishing consultant. Will work for biscuits.
Seasoned copy editor and proofreader specializing in nonfiction. Clients include Vintage Books, Monocle, Gestalten, and HarperCollins.