I am a contributing photographer at Red Edge Image. I aim to capture images that are unique and inspire me and will inspire others.
Working in-house with the Hodder Children's design team. Working on briefs from concept to final design and print. Working on a number of briefs concurrently including commissioning illustrators, photographers and image research.
I am a contributing photographer at Arcangel Images. I aim to capture images that are unique and inspire me and will inspire others.
I was invited to attend Hertfordshire University as a visiting lecturer on a Second year degree design course. Attending group critique's and holding one on one sessions to assist the student in their direction to accomplish their final design or solution.
A nine month maternity cover that evolved into a more permanent role as Senior Designer at HarperCollins Publishers. My role encompassed designing for Fiction, Non-Fiction and Children's covers. Attending and presenting concepts at cover art meetings to sales, editorial and marketing. Working on a number of briefs concurrently including commissioning illustrators, photographers and image research.
I am a highly creative individual, who is also an enthusiastic, innovative photographer, illustrator and communicator. I work well both in a team and also stand alone. Constantly striving to meet any challenges and requirements and always looking for unique creative solutions for my clients. Working across the many genres in book publishing and also able to manage and oversee entire projects from art direction of illustrators/photographers to concept, design to final print.
I am at my most happiest when…
• I am working on a project that makes me want to push myself even further than the last project did.
• I am able to help family and friends feel safe and loved.
• I am snuggling up to my daughter/dogs and wee cat, watching a movie.
• I am making a mess in my studio from working on ideas and concepts for covers.
• My daughter laughs ( it is very infectious!).
• Out of the 500 million or so photographs that I have taken I find one that takes my breath away.
• I find something that totally inspires me (I have to share it).
• Someone hires me to work on a project for them and the next time I look it is 5 years later and we are now friends - but still working together ; )
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Professionally typesetting and ebook authoring for large publishing houses, independent publishers and self-publishers for over 25 years.
I am an experienced book designer in both fiction and non-fiction, working with all publishers and authors to spark readers' imagination!