Some of my proudest career achievements include acquiring debut romantic suspense author Kendra Elliot, whose titles have now sold 8+ million copies, editing Guideposts Books’ first New York Times-bestseller "A Sweethaven Summer," and acquiring The Vineyard Series by Marina Adair which was turned into a hit movie trilogy by the Hallmark Channel.
I adore fruitful collaboration with authors and delighting readers. One of my greatest joys is working with an author to "crack the case" - meaning, if there's an element that isn't quite working, we'll brainstorm together until we figure out the one idea that causes everything else to align.
I am enthusiastic, professional, and very detail- and deadline-oriented, and I foster excellent client communications. I'll offer any suggestions that I think could help strengthen the story, as well as bring my industry and market expertise to the table, but at the end of the day, I will always respect that it's your baby and your vision.
- National Readers' Choice Winner
- Golden Leaf Award winner for YA Fiction
- 3x RITA Award finalist
- Carol Award finalist
- HOLT Medallion Award winner
• Work directly with Amazon Publishing authors under tight deadlines to shape stories, complete structural and line edits, and ensure manuscripts are of publishable quality (60+ titles across genres), including:
o “A Year of Extraordinary Moments” (Oct. 2018) by USA Today-bestseller Bette Crosby.
* “[B]eautifully explores the theme of letting go...[A] sweet novel.”—Kirkus
o “Somebody’s Daughter” (April 2018) by USA Today-bestseller Rochelle B. Weinstein.
* “[D]ebuts at precisely the perfect cultural moment…it has an understanding eye for what being a teenager is like.”—Entertainment Weekly
o “The Memory of Butterflies” (Sept. 2017) by USA Today-bestseller Grace Greene.
* 100K+ copies sold.
• Write sales, promotional, and cover copy for Amazon Publishing titles (samples available upon request).
• Associate Editor for The Editorial Department, offering detailed feedback on authors’ query letters, writing samples, book proposals, and full manuscripts.
• An original editor for Amazon Publishing’s romance imprint, Montlake
• Acquired 75+ titles for Montlake Romance and Lake Union Publishing, both self-published and agented, and managed books through to publication.
• Acquired debut romantic suspense author Kendra Elliot, now one of APub’s marquee authors and top three bestsellers, whose titles have sold 7 million+ copies.
• Acquired and edited the “Vineyard Series” by Marina Adair which became a hit movie trilogy for the Hallmark Channel.
• I was interviewed by the Aspen Times about the journey and success of “The Bloodletter’s Daughter” (250K+ copies sold).
• Additional titles of note that I acquired:
o “Chasing Rainbows” and “Meant to Be” hit #1 in the US Kindle Store.
o “The Second Chance Café” was nominated for a 2014 RITA Award.
o “Forged in Fire” was nominated for two 2013 RITA Awards.
* The follow-up “Forged in Ash” was nominated for a 2015 RITA Award.
o “Buried” was an International Thriller Writers finalist and nominated by RT Reviews for the Best Romantic Suspense of 2013.
o “Storm Warrior” was selected as #5 in PW’s Top 10 Romance, Fall 2013.
• Represented Montlake at BEA and RWA and sat on the Montlake panel at RWA’s Publisher Spotlight.
• Edited Guideposts Books’ first New York Times-bestseller “A Sweethaven Summer.”
* nominated for the CBA's highest honor, the Carol Award.
• Developed, launched, and generated storylines for original sweet and cozy fiction and mystery series, including “Secrets of Mary’s Bookshop,” “Miracles of Marble Cove,” and “Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn.”
• Edited New York Times-bestsellers, including Jen Lancaster’s “Pretty in Plaid,” Lynn Viehl’s “Shadowlight,” and Bertrice Small’s “The Border Lord and the Lady.”
• Conceived of and acquired “Twelve Wicked Nights” which was nominated for an RT Reviewers’ Award.
Lindsay has 4 reviews