Whatever the subject matter or audience of the work in question, my priorities are to foster a collegial relationship with clients and provide them with outstanding editorial services. In my experience, the key to achieving both of those goals is to establish and maintain a dynamic of open, professional, and timely communication with the author.
- Library Journal Best Reference 2021 (Inequality in America: Causes and Consequences)
- Library Journal Best Reference 2021 (Race Relations in America: Examining the Facts)
- Booklist Top Ten Reference 2020 (Rules and Politics of American Primaries)
- Library Journal Best Reference 2020 (Violence in American Society: Trends, Problems, and Perspectives)
- Library Journal Best Reference 2020 (Voting and Political Representation in America: Issues and Trends)
- American Library Association RUSA Outstanding Reference 2020 (American Political Humor: Masters of Satire and Their Impact on U.S. Policy and Culture)
- Library Journal Best Reference 2018 (Misogyny in American Culture)
- CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title 2019 (Youth Sports in America)
- American Library Association RUSA Outstanding Reference 2017 (Gun Politics in America)
- Library Journal Best Reference 2016 (Surveillance in America)
- American Library Association RUSA Outstanding Reference 2017 (The 21st-Century Voter)
I have developed, edited, and/or written dozens of books and essays on a wide array of subjects in political science, biography, sociology, media and culture, history, law, environmental studies, outdoor recreation, and other disciplines.