Client Testimonials -- Nonfiction
* “Kate, whose main role was my editor. You wore multiple hats in helping me flesh out various content and structural changes, were a powerful and patient sounding board the many times I felt stuck in the muck, and an incredible resource for all things self-publishing. I cannot imagine what this book would have looked like without your insights and word mastery, from the initial book proposal all the way through the finalized manuscript. My deepest thanks to you!” -- Chris Vasiliadis, Ignition: A Professional Woman’s Guide to Energized, Burnout-Proof Living
* “To Kate, thank you for the ‘book therapy’ and for understanding what I was trying to do before I understood it myself.” -- Debby Irving, Waking Up White and Finding Myself in the Story of Race
* “My editor, Kate, stood by me with her amazing combination of patience and persistence as I pushed and missed deadlines. As a first-time author, I relied heavily on Kate’s expertise – and did I mention her patience!” -- Deb Nelson, Finding Health After Cancer: Stories of Renewal and Healing
* “Thanks to Kate for your publishing guidance and good humor with the spelling idiosyncrasies.” – Ruth Barrett, anthology editor, Female Erasure
* “To Kate, for reading the book during various stages of the writing process and offering insight and suggestions that ultimately made it a better read.” – Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, Breaking Money Silence: How to Shatter Money Taboos, Talk More Openly about Finances, and Live a Richer Life
Client Testimonials -- Fiction
* “I gave her straw. She spun it into gold.” – James H.K. Bruner, Son Over the Yardarm (Bike Cop #2)
* “My editor, Kate, was so patient with my passive voice and point of view mishaps. I am grateful for her watchful eye and expertise in the craft of writing.” -- James H.K. Bruner, Shadows of Dog Island Light (Bike Cop #3)
* “Copyeditor Kate, a pleasure to work with, such a professional.” -- Joanne Carota, The Docks
* “Many thanks to Kate for her precise and insightful copy editing.” – Claire Alemian, In the Shadow of Light
I've been a freelance editor and writer since 2001.
I work with undergraduate and graduate students to help them structure and improve their writing (essays, research papers, thesis projects).
Taught Copyediting (undergraduate level) and Book Publishing Overview (undergraduate and graduate level).
Wrote and edited a monthly international newsletter on strategic corporate environmental management. Edited material from contributing freelancers and outside authors.
Wrote and edited twice-monthly newsletter on merger activity, environmental and legislative issues in the automotive parts industry. Served as managing editor from March 1991 to November 1991.
Wrote and edited monthly newsletter for merger and acquisition professionals. Edited The Merger Directory and contributed articles for The Merger Yearbook.
Edited and wrote articles for twice-monthly personal finance newsletter. Supervised contributing reporter. Previous served as reporter for other Donoghue publications, September 1983 to May 1984.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Available for freelance work as a developmental editor, copyeditor, and proofreader of both trade and academic manuscripts.
Former HarperCollins editor and non-fiction specialist. Sounding-board and shaper of prose for authors with adventurous and complex ideas.