• Project edit illustrated and narrative nonfiction in the fashion, art, lifestyle and interior design categories, from concept development to bound book.
• Manage the company’s French Program: liaise between Paris and New York offices; present author proposals for review; develop seasonal publishing lists with Publisher and Editorial Director; work with French editors and authors on all aspects of editorial, design and production.
• Responsibilities include: project management, contract negotiation, budget development, editorial content direction, French to English translation, hiring freelancers, creation of marketing/publicity materials.
• Collaborate with book designers, freelance copy editors, proofreaders and translators, photo editors, production managers and sales/marketing teams.
• Select authors: Louis Vuitton, Dior, Schiaparelli, Hennessy, Chatsworth House, Architectural Digest France, Ryan Korban, Joseph Dirand, Pomellato, Chaumet, Raffles Hotels.
• Edited illustrated books in the art, interior design, photography, fashion and travel categories.
• Managed the company's North American publicity outreach and social media channels.
• Responsibilities included: book proposal reviews, publishing list development, contract and licensing negotiations, project management, budgets, editorial content direction, line/copy editing manuscripts, creation of marketing/publicity materials.
• Collaborated with agents, book designers, freelance copy editors, proofreaders and translators, photo editors, production managers and sales/marketing teams.
• Select authors: Keith Haring Foundation, Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation, Jean-Michel Basquiat Estate, Elliott Erwitt, Martin Schoeller.
• Edited illustrated books with authors including Coca-Cola, Julia Chaplin/Gypset, Bulgari and Bergdorf Goodman.
• Responsibilities included: project management, editorial content direction, hiring freelancers, top/line editing manuscripts, creation of marketing/publicity materials.
• October 2011–August 2012: Deputy Editor/Project Manager for RL Magazine, Ralph Lauren's online publication. Developed content, pitched story ideas, commissioned writers, managed photo research and organized translations into French, German and Japanese.
• Provide writing and copywriting services for book proposals, manuscripts, social media, catalogs, marketing/press materials and online articles. Areas of interest include arts/culture, fashion, interior design and health.
• Edit illustrated and narrative nonfiction book projects, as well as editorial projects for digital platforms.
• Translate French texts into English; consult with French authors and brands on editorial projects for the U.S. market.
• Clients include: Harry Winston, Lloyd & Co., Moda Operandi, Ralph Lauren, Reed Krakoff, KiDS Creative, Interview, NYLON and Refinery29.
• Editorial concept ideation.
• Book proposal, outline and manuscript development.
• Conceptual, line and copy editing.
• Copywriting for tip sheets, press releases, social media, catalogs and book jackets.
• Book project management, from acquisition to publication.
• Editorial project management for digital and print platforms.
• French translation and consulting.
This first book from artistic director Demna Gvasalia offers an exclusive look into Balenciaga's Winter 18 ready-to-wear show, from fittings to the runway and beyond.Founded in 1917, Balenciaga has distinguished itself for designs of daring innovation, technical artistry, and pure forms. Artistic director Demna Gvasalia's take on its revolutionary shapes is synonymous with a groundbreaking, co... read more
A spellbinding journey into the world of Chanel haute couture, captured by one of fashion's most acclaimed photographers. In exclusive shoots with the house of Chanel, photographer Cathleen Naundorf gained rare access to their haute couture collections--which entail thousands of hours of handwork, crafting, and embellishing. The result: a book of ethereal, cinematic photographs of gowns agains... read more
The luxury French jeweler Chaumet offers an ode to the everlasting bond between a mother and daughter in this spellbinding carousel book.Celebrating the special relationship between a mother and daughter, this playful carousel pop-up presents a captivating modern fable for readers of all ages. This exceptional piece of bookmaking features 6 diaromas depicting a mother-daughter bond that blosso... read more
A stunning visual tribute to Italian photographer Paolo Roversi’s celebrated images for the house of Dior.A fashion house beloved for designs evoking modern Parisian elegance. A photographer renowned for hauntingly delicate portraits. This definitive volume, Dior Images: Paolo Roversi, is an ode to their legendary rapport.Presenting photographs from British Vogue, Vogue Paris, and W, this tome... read more
One of the most revered names in luxury hospitality takes readers on an exhilarating journey throughout its world of timelessly sophisticated hotels.In this exquisite oversized volume, the prestigious Raffles hotel group explores the heritage, glamour, and intrigue behind its illustrious international properties. After opening its doors with its iconic Singapore hotel in 1887, the brand has br... read more
The first monograph on one of today’s most celebrated architects, renowned for designing interiors that combine minimalism with classic French style. When describing a space that intertwines both minimalism and elegance, the name Joseph Dirand immediately comes to mind. The son of Jacques Dirand, one of the most renowned interior photographers of his time, Joseph Dirand is now one of the most ... read more
Following her best-selling 2009 Assouline title, Gypset Style, travel writer Julia Chaplin explores the little-known enclaves of gypsy jet-setters around the world. From the Aeolian Islands in Italy to Lamu, Kenya; North Goa, India; and Jose Ignacio, Uruguay—Gypset Travel delves into the glamorous yet casual lifestyle of these bohemian wanderers through intimate photography and first-person an... read more
Building on the success of his previous titles, Close Up and Identical, Martin Schoeller's momentous Portraits is cause for celebration. The illustrious photographer's full range of expression is on display in this unprecedented gathering of editorial images. With an impressive amount of variety and scale, Schoeller shares his signature compositional imagination alongside the wry wit that anim... read more
Chatsworth has been home to the Cavendish family and the hereditary dukes of Devonshire since the original Elizabethan house was built on the site purchased by Sir William Cavendish in 1549. A famous historic house in England, Chatsworth is renowned as much for its fashionable history—its majestic dresses and tiaras, its magnificent lace and splendid uniforms—as its unrivaled collection of art... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.