Freelance copywriting, copy editing and proofreading for the advertising industry, Atlanta area magazines, newspapers, websites, marketing material and books. Proficient in AP writing style, familiar with Chicago writing style; experienced in WordPress, Gather Content, Teamwork, Slack, MailChimp and MS Office.
• Book Editor and Proofreader: Edit and proofread books. Published books include “Ready or Not, Here I Come!” by Alison Lusted, “Me” by Carlos L. Malone, “Law Enforcement That Works” by Dr. R. Ben Gaither and more. Titles sold on Amazon can be seen on my Reedsy profile.
• Edit and proofread collateral for the United States Marine Corps, J. Walter Thompson ad agency (via Aquent).
• Edited and proofread copy for the Georgia Tech College of Engineering magazines, We Are Engineers and Georgia Institute of Technology Industrial and Systems Engineering Alumni Magazine (via The Creative Group).
• Assisted with development of social media content strategy and plan for a nonprofit startup, Boxes Because.
• Proofread book copy and performed liaison responsibilities between the author and publisher for all publishing aspects, from final manuscript to the published printed copy.
• Teach writing principles, from basic to advanced, to students at Georgia State.
• Editor and Proofreader: Advertising collateral at Grizzard advertising agency; agency client work included The Salvation Army, the American Red Cross, and nonprofit clients in health care and animal care.
• Corporate Communications: Copywriter and copy editor of public relations documents and brochures for, including work for the National Investment Commission of the Government of Liberia;.
• Blog Content Writer: Various international mission trips with – voluntary; article on Peru mission trip published in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Managed fundraising for many trips over more than 10 years totaling approximately $30,000.
• Inspirational Devotional Writer: Monthly devotionals online for, distributed to an audience of over 400,000.
• Magazine Expertise: Editor at Large: Editorial advice and strategy assistance on magazine content; copywriter and copy editor of feature stories for Liberia Travel & Life Magazine. Editor in Chief: Southwest Atlanta Magazine, Style Magazine – Northern Atlanta Gracious Living, New Birth Voice magazine. Article Writer: Atlanta Woman magazine, Style Magazine – Northern Atlanta Gracious Living, Cultured Living Atlanta Magazine, Piedmont Review Newspaper; also featured in national magazines Prizm and Gospel Today.
• Personality Profile Writer: Notable personalities I’ve written published articles on include Ambassador Andrew Young, Bernice A. King, News Anchorwoman Karyn Greer, Clark Howard, Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins of R&B group TLC, Dominique Wilkins, Dr. Sam Chand, and Gospel recording artist sensations William Murphy and Darwin Hobbs.
• ACHIEVEMENTS: Ensure professionalism and consistent quality work for all client material, resulting in repeated client work. Example: Recently, a previous ad agency employer asked if I would edit/proofread for them again (as a freelancer) because they realized they were not receiving the level of quality with others that I had afforded them. My professionalism and consistent quality of work for all clients resulted in repeated client work and roles such as magazine Editor in Chief and Editor at Large.
• Wrote and edited copy for external executive communication, executive bios for Pastor Dennis Rouse and Pastor Colleen Rouse, fundraising email campaigns, marketing email campaigns, CTAs, marketing headlines, Victory Live show scripts (online video), Victory World Church app notifications, and print marketing and promotional materials for several ministries, including marriage, youth, pastoral care and more.
• Wrote and edited web page copy for,, and.
• Wrote social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for @thrivetoday.
• ACHIEVEMENTS: Improved team communication and overall operational efficiency through strategic planning for the Content Team by developing a Process Procedure for the Content and Project Management teams; streamlined Content Team work by proposing a responsibility shift among team members; developed email campaigns distribution schedule adjustment proposal to increase email engagement.
Jesus came to earth the first time as a little baby in a manger. The second time Jesus comes to earth, He will be riding a white horse with fire in His eyes. But in between these two historic events, Jesus will come in the clouds as a bridegroom. The bridegroom is coming for His bride. Who is this bride? How can she prepare herself for this great day? This book offers a contrast of ways the br... read more
"I have been in law enforcement for many years teaching the power of influence and leadership. This book is refreshing and encouraging for every person who has been called to a level of servanthood in the 21st century. This book is priceless." -- Special Agent in Charge, Trebor Randle, Georgia Bureau of Investigation."This book is heartfelt and gets to the core of why law enforcement exists. E... read more
Quickly learn how to process, forgive, bring strength, hope, healing, and happiness to your life when going through a life challenge or after experiencing an abusive situation.
After years of hosting the Heart to Heart Womens Conference, Bishop Eddie Long finally succumbed to his wifes pleas and gave the closing address. His wife had been urging him for years, knowing that he would have a powerful message to share. Bishop Long wasnt so sure, but that day, he stepped up. He told the women that his own mother had opted to stay in an abusive marriage in order to cover h... read more
This book is a guide that will lead people to the truths about life, responsibility, accountability and matured growth. In this book you will be challenged greatly to own your stuff and stop looking for a heroic bail out for your own human idiosyncratic ideal’s and choices. If you read this book with authentic humility and allow the content to disrupt your comfort and conduct, you will find as... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.