Close this message
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Fortune 100 copywriter and award-winning storyteller with strong background in journalism and filmmaking.
Sign up below to request a quote.
Marketing Copywriter (Disney, Sony, Microsoft, Nestle, Xerox, YMCA), Business/Entertainment Journalist, Author ("Confessions of a Recovering Peter Pan," Rheo Press, 2018)
• Senior copywriter during 2 years of massive Disney Parks & Resorts growth. Helped drive theme park sales via engaging, actionable copy (for desktop, mobile, apps) written in “Disney voice” for WDW Resort, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and Adventures By Disney.
• Promoted to Lead Copywriter for Disney's largest brand within first 9 months, covering every aspect of Walt Disney World Resort hotels, theme parks, water parks, attractions, restaurants, retail, and entertainment—plus sweepstakes, media-driven landing pages, and special events like Star Wars Weekends and 60th Diamond Celebration.
• Wrote and maintained destination pages for diverse target demos—preschoolers, teens/tweens, families, etc. Created copy and content strategy for a grandparents landing page that doubled the year-over-year stickiness and tripled per-page revenue.
• Created, marketed and hosted a series of weekly, interactive "TODtalks" to build community among Disney Digital colleagues.
Web design, development, marketing, content strategy/management, mostly for Small-to-Medium Businesses:
• Jon Bryant Artz: Web design, content management, social media marketing for leading DUI lawyer (36 mos.)
• Microsoft: Copywriter for B2B video script selling Xbox One in-game advertising platform to brands
• Nestle: Copywriter for PowerBar CRM email campaign for extreme athletes, US & Canada
• EFI: Wrote 24-min. “smash hit” comedy detailing features/benefits of new software apps
• Xerox: B2B Web content, case studies, tutorials, proposals, speeches, newsletters (24 mos)
• Kodak: Web content / marketing copy for digital cameras, software, accessories (11 mos)
• High-Tech: Web content, print ads, video scripts for aerospace, medical, industrial companies
• Wrote RFP proposal that won prestigious 6-figure contract with Robert Mondavi’s American Center for Wine, Food and the Arts (COPIA), beating out 6 larger competitors
• Known for ability to access hard-to-reach business leaders and media stars
• Outstanding researcher: interviewed almost 2,000 actors, producers, directors, studio executives
• Designed, programmed, and launched successful 2-day Branded Entertainment conference in 2004
• Head researcher for 3 Hollywood books
• Played key role in launching new Disney brand, synthesizing often conflicting input from 4 internal partners.
• Created content strategy for animal profile pages flexible enough to work for all current and future species, with powerful story arc explaining how the animal is endangered and what Disney is doing to preserve the species and its habitat.
• Wrote all copy for Phase 1 (first 10 species)
I'm a book launch specialist who helps authors bring their book(s) to the world through marketing and social media.
Bend, OR, USA
Michael Doane is a marketer and web developer who loves to help authors build their platforms and connect with their audiences.
Baltimore, United States