I'm a writer, copy editor, substantive editor, proofreader, and quality assurance specialist with expertise in online training, promotional and marketing copy, software and systems training, and polishing the work of non-native English speakers. Highly creative, adaptable, results-oriented, and solutions-focused. Skilled at tailoring content to the appropriate audience to ensure superior usability and accessibility.
Copy edited and proofread technical communications products, including digital and print documents and website content
Polished and refined client copy; authored new content as needed
Created, updated, and maintained client websites and content, including news features and blog posts
Conducted quality assurance (QA) and testing of client products, including eReaders, websites, and digital and print documents
Managed and maintained client relationships and projects
Ensured that all client requests, including ongoing projects and ad-hoc requests, were received, tracked, and processed within appropriate deadlines
Performed substantive and content editing, evaluation, and feedback on digital program content
Reviewed and evaluated authored lesson content for accuracy, pedagogical value, and relevancy
Authored new content when needed
Copy edit and proofread non-fiction manuscripts, fliers, brochures, and web content
• Check grammar, spelling, and punctuation; cross-reference source material; verify websites; ensure consistency of formatting and style
Research and compile online resource information
Create promotional and marketing copy for brochures, flyers, and website content
• Clean, Green, and Lean by Dr. Walter Crinnion, Wiley Publishing
• 100 Heartbeats by Jeff Corwin, Rodale Press
• The Gruntled Employee by Mary Vaughn, Metargy Media
• Windword Literary Services
• Elevation Belly Dance Festival
• Anam Cara Dance Company
Conducted quality assurance (QA), testing, and validation of all eLearning courses throughout the project lifecycle, including:
• Copy editing to ensure that all eLearning content adhered to company and client style guidelines and standards
• Troubleshooting, regression testing, and problem resolution to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality
• Verifying accuracy and clarity of narration and character audio in all eLearning courses
• Developed and streamlined a comprehensive defect-tracking tool to manage tasks, facilitate traceability, and enhance feedback throughout the development and QA process
• Designed and administered a concise writing workshop for instructional designers
A renowned naturopathic doctor shows you how to get lean and be green while helping to save the planet.Now you can lose weight and be good to the environment, too—without starvation diets, calorie counting, complicated meal plans, or even having to exercise. Dr. Walter Crinnion, a naturopathic doctor and environmental medicine physician, shows you how to clean up your diet and clear out your b... read more
Popular television host Jeff Corwin takes readers on a gripping journey around the world to meet the animals threatened by extinction.It's no secret that our planet is in crisis. Environmental threats such as climate change, pollution, habitat loss, and land degradation threaten the survival of thousands of plant and animal species. In 100 Heartbeats, Jeff Corwin provides an urgent portrait of... read more
Why The Gruntled Employee?“I love my work. I hate my job.” –Disgruntled EmployeeI believe the workplace can provide a much more pleasant experience than it currently does. Many of us spend the majority of our waking hours at work—five days a week—and have this to look forward to: abusive bosses, in-fighting, back-biting, ego maniacs, impossible demands, unworkable schedules, and inaccessible r... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I am an editor who has published bestselling women's fiction, crime and historical fiction as well as non-fiction (particularly cookery).
Experienced fiction editor, formerly with Samhain Publishing. I specialize in romance and other genre fiction.