Working with the UK team on the global campaign for Stephen Hawking’s final book, Brief Answers to the Big Questions.
Yale University Press (London, UK) - Securing publicity and events for key Autumn 2018 and Spring 2019 campaigns.
Mr Fahrenheit Publicity (Auckland, New Zealand) - Working on the Michael Hill International Violin Competition.
• Managed lead non-fiction campaigns - including multiple high profile and Sunday Times Bestselling authors.
• Coached junior team members to create and implement campaigns, managed budgets and assisted with allocation of workloads.
• Managed difficult campaigns – controversial titles/authors, multiple stakeholders, etc and coached authors on press strategy and crisis management.
• Attended weekly internal pre-acquisitions meetings to feedback on potential titles.
• Wrote pitch documents and attended acquisition meetings with external stakeholders - authors, agents, etc.
• Notable campaigns include Reni Eddo-Lodge's, Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race which won the Best Debut Book Campaign for 2017 in the PPC annual awards and was shortlisted for the British Bookseller Award for Campaign of the Year 2017. Praised for "A sensitively planned and executed campaign which positioned this polemical book from a debut author centre stage in the debate about race and racism in the UK".
• Managed individual and ongoing publicity campaigns for local Australian and international authors – building campaign strategies, working closely with authors and publishers to achieve expectations, writing press releases, pitching print, digital, radio and TV coverage.
• Maintained ongoing digital strategies – creating and maintaining a positive public image for authors, their titles and Pan Macmillan.
• Coordinated and managed author tours for local and international authors – including festivals appearances.
• Effectively and quickly built and maintained strong media contacts
THE TOP 5 SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLERWINNER OF THE BRITISH BOOK AWARDS NON-FICTION NARRATIVE BOOK OF THE YEAR 2018FOYLES NON-FICTION BOOK OF THE YEARBLACKWELL'S NON-FICTION BOOK OF THE YEARWINNER OF THE JHALAK PRIZE LONGLISTED FOR THE BAILLIE GIFFORD PRIZE FOR NON-FICTIONLONGLISTED FOR THE ORWELL PRIZESHORTLISTED FOR A BOOKS ARE MY BAG READERS AWARD'Essential' Marlon James, Man Booker Prize-Winner... read more
Brief Answers to the Big QuestionsA beautiful little book by a brilliant mind' Steven Poole, DAILY TELEGRAPH The world-famous cosmologist and #1 bestselling author of A Brief History of Time leaves us with his final thoughts on the universe's biggest questions in this brilliant posthumous work. Is there a God? How did it all begin? Can we predict the future? What is inside a black hole? Is the... read more
The enthralling biography of the shepherd boy who changed the world with his revolutionary engineering and whose genius we still benefit from today.Thomas Telford may have been born into poverty but he became one of Britain's most important engineers, changing the shape of Britain forever; the creations that resulted from his skill, ambition and obsessive hard work span its length and breadth ... read more
"An invaluable case for truth-telling in an age of chaos and lies." --Emily Nussbaum "[Penny] bravely keeps thinking and talking and learning and trying to make the world better." --Caitlin MoranSmart and provocative, witty and uncompromising, this collection of Laurie Penny's celebrated essays establishes her as one of the most important and vibrant political voices of our time. Bitch Doctrin... read more
If you had to kill it yourself, if you had to look it in the eye . . . would you eat it?Louise's first kill is a disaster. She injures a rabbit, and thinks it has died in agony. But the experience teaches her a lesson, and when she subsequently finds the rabbit, she vows to do its death justice by finding out what it really means to kill and eat animals. Many people claim to care about the mea... read more
‘Salt Creek is a raw and convincing addition to the canon. Treloar writes with beauty and a winning compassion.’ The Times, Book of the Year Failed entrepreneur Stanton Finch moves his family from Adelaide to the remote Coorong area of Southern Australia, in pursuit of his dream to become a farmer. Housed in a driftwood cabin, they try to make the best of their situation. The children roam the... read more
"This extraordinary book is the roadmap for a new kind of effective activism."' -- Brian Eno"This book is for people who are angry with the ways things are and want to do something about it; for people who are frustrated with the system, or worried about the direction the country is going. Maybe they've been on a march, posted their opinions on social media, or shouted angrily at something the... read more
Scary, funny, heart-warming and magical, this story of love and loss by one of our best-loved writers and illustrators for children is written with great fondness for the delights of childhood. Teddy One-eye has a rough and tumble life. He is dragged around, chewed on, loses an eye and is often left outside at night. But his many patches show how much he is loved. Teddy One-Eye's special power... read more
Following on from Extinct Boids and Nextinction, Critical Critters is the third in this epic trilogy of books dedicated to extinct and critically endangered animals from cartoonist Ralph Steadman and film-maker Ceri Levy--the GONZOVATIONISTS.Expect plenty more of what made the first two books so successful--unpredictable nonsense beasts, irreverent jokes, a diary-style record of the creative m... read more
National Bestseller Featuring a new postscript including five new photos from Patti SmithFrom the National Book Award–winning author of Just Kids: an unforgettable odyssey of a legendary artist, told through the cafés and haunts she has worked in around the world. It is a book Patti Smith has described as “a roadmap to my life.” M Train begins in the tiny Greenwich Village café where Smith goe... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Over 20 years experience managing successful sales, marketing and publicity campaigns. I work on a day rate or payment-by-results basis.
10 years PR experience in-house (Penguin, Bloomsbury, HMH, HarperCollins) with multiple New York Times best selling campaigns across genres.