• Write a wide range of content – including news pieces, feature magazine articles, web copy, and marketing copy – for the university’s online and print publications.
• Manage, schedule, edit, and write news stories for SALVEtoday, the university’s news hub, to ensure campus stays informed.
• Conduct in-person and phone interviews with a variety of people for story coverage, helping them to feel comfortable, understood and willing to open up and share their experiences.
• Edit any requested written materials in AP Style.
• Produce high quality photography for stories when requested.
• Maintain appropriate communication across a variety of channels as writing and photography needs arise.
• Direct interns on projects when the need arises.
• Communicate with writers and photographers to get stories in on time for our print publication.
• Edit every single article for each print publication.
• Coach writers to make sure our storytelling and writing are above par.
• Write and interview for articles.
• Take photographs for articles.
• Brainstorm content for online magazine (new website launched April 2017).
• Develop relationships with writers and photographers across Colorado to produce content for our print and web presence.
• Volume Four of Colorado Collective was nominated for a Pike's Peak Literary Art Award in 2017.
• Written and edited hundreds of articles for newspapers, magazines, and digital marketing companies as a freelance writer and editor.
• Mentored authors in their business and branding for better positioning about who they are and what they offer.
• Developmental edited and proofread for a variety of books.
• Edited four volumes of Colorado Collective, a local print magazine that featured poems, essays, and features on a variety of artists and small businesses in Colorado.
• Published poems that have been in books, featured in art galleries, and performed in a variety of capacities around the world.
I worked with various imprints at Penguin Random House, LLC., including WaterBrook Multnomah, Image, and Convergent Books. My job was multifaceted, and I worked in a variety of capacities (Online Marketing, Social Media, and Editorial) in the following areas:
• Launching an entirely new imprint with a small team called Convergent Books that went on to be successful.
• Project management, brainstorming, and implementation for various media campaigns (including conferences and online events with authors).
• Promote new books through social media campaigns.
• Write and find engaging content for blogs and other online content for a blog that Convergent Books used to have.
• Edit various written materials (press releases, articles, interviews, etc.).
• Shaped various manuscripts for editorial purposes.
• Film and interview authors on site at office. Edit footage when necessary.
• Actively seek out relevant voices/book ideas/felt needs to pitch to our editors.
• Create visual components for promotional use online using a variety of tools (photography, videography, graphic design, etc.).
This is the fourth book in a six-book series about four generations of the Morgan family living, fighting, and thriving amidst a turbulent Texas history spanning from 1845 to 1896. Although a series, each book can be read on its own.In 1875 Buck Morgan rode into Mason County with the Texas Rangers to quell the violence stirred up by the actions a vigilantly mob. The Hoo Doo (or bad luck) War e... read more
I was raised in a homegrown, fundamentalist Christian group—which is just a shorthand way of saying I’m classically trained in apocalyptic stockpiling, street preaching, and the King James Version of the Bible. I know hundreds of obscure nineteenth-century hymns by heart and have such razor sharp “modesty vision” that I can spot a miniskirt a mile away.Verily, verily I say unto thee, none of t... read more
Ophir is split into two lands: Othrinia is abundant with life, and Veodue is dark and dying. A person must be either good and gentle, or thirst for death and violence. I’ve never felt at home in Othrinia. Though I have never wanted for food, love, or safety, I have always felt a gaping void within me—one that searches for something else. Something more. Something forbidden. And now, a mysterio... read more
I was torn from the goodness I knew and plunged into darkness. I reveled in my true nature. I recklessly loved the very man who pulled me from the light. I despaired when we were torn apart. But then, Veodue beckoned me to return, and I had to answer the call. I had to save my sister. But I couldn’t have prepared myself for what I found instead. My palace. My birthright. My brother I've never ... read more
How do you heal from your past when you're still trapped within it? I lost myself the night of the party. Just like that, my innocence and sanity were torn away. I would like to say that time heals all wounds, but it doesn't. And I would like to say that falling in love is what rescued me, but it wasn't. Nobody told me what to expect in the coming days and weeks and months after conceiving a r... read more
Living with chronic illness is a daily uphill battle. Your "good" days may be a lot different than most people's, and your bad days can sometimes seem endless. But each time you get up, willing to do it all over again, you grow in courage, determination, and strength. You are sending a message to yourself and to the world that you are a survivor. Filled with words of comfort and compassion, th... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.