Close this message
New York, NY, USA
I help writers from a variety of backgrounds shape and edit their narratives for maximum storytelling impact.
Sign up below to request a quote.
From a young age, I was writing novels and poetry, weaving stories for my sister during bedtime, creating plays with neighborhood kids. An avid bookworm growing up, stories became my refuge, helping me to learn empathy see others as protagonists in their lives. Pursuing that love of stories, it was only natural that I graduated from a small private college in downtown Chicago with a degree in communications.
After college, I moved to Colorado and found what I thought was my dream job working in online marketing at Penguin Random House--on of the Big Six in publishing. There, I learned even more about high-quality storytelling. As I soaked in the wisdom of the editors I befriended--participating in meetings where books were dissected and developed with the precision of a surgeon's scalpel--I honed in on what it meant to position, brand, and compel through storytelling.
I have worked with numerous authors on their journeys either shape a manuscript developmentally, shape their branding strategy as a writer, proofread, etc.
• Communicate with writers and photographers to get stories in on time for our print publication.
• Edit every single article for each print publication.
• Coach writers to make sure our storytelling and writing are above par.
• Write and interview for articles.
• Take photographs for articles.
• Brainstorm content for online magazine (new website launched April 2017).
• Develop relationships with writers and photographers across Colorado to produce content for our print and web presence.
• Brainstorm and implement new business strategies since launching a new space in downtown Colorado Springs (March 2017).
I worked with various imprints at Penguin Random House, LLC., including WaterBrook Multnomah, Image, and Convergent Books. My job was multifaceted, and I worked in a variety of capacities (Online Marketing/Social Media, eBooks/Production, Sales, and Editorial) in the following areas:
• Project management, brainstorming, and implementation for various media campaigns (including conferences and online events with authors).
• Promote new books through social media campaigns.
• Write and find engaging content for blogs and other online content.
• Promote our books and highlight special events to bloggers in our network.
• Edit various written materials (press releases, articles, interviews, etc.).
• Shaped various manuscripts for editorial purposes.
• Film and interview authors on site at office. Edit footage when necessary.
• Actively seek out relevant voices/book ideas/felt needs to pitch to our editors.
• Create visual components for promotional use online using a variety of tools (photography, videography, graphic design, etc.).
• Create lists of backlist titles for online promotion on key online retailers.
• Organize and manage online retail deadlines for promotional assets (videos, articles, promotional sales lists, etc.).
• Train and oversee marketing interns on projects.
Book indexer and editor for over 15 years and 750 books (arts, humanities, social sciences, fiction). Let's make your book even better.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Poetry and literary fiction copyeditor with deep respect for innovative craft and the integrity of a writer's voice.
Massachusetts, United States