I am an independent editorial Art and Photography Director, with 16 years of experience in publishing. My client list includes Black Dog & Leventhal, Dacapo Press, Galvanized Media, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Hearst, Quarto, Random House, Reader's Digest, Rodale (Men's & Women's Health and Organic Gardening) and Sterling.
• Photo producer, director and stylist the New York Times best-selling Eat This, Not That!, and Cook This, Not That! franchise, including the new Eat This, Not That! Magazine (Meredith)
• Complete Identity Rebranding of Reader's Digest Children's Publishing to Studio Fun International.
• SIP interior design and layout of multiple issues of Reverse Diabetes (Reader’s Digest) and Women’s Health Training Guide (Rodale)
• Contributing designer and photography art director for Organic Gardening Magazine 2007-2014
• Book design and layout of The Knitter's Book of Wool (Potter Craft)
• Packager of the Mind Stretchers puzzle book series (Readers Digest)
As a Senior Book Designer I was responsible for the conceptual development of book covers and interiors. I produced designs that were marketable and that enhanced the editorial product and managed and art directed all the illustration and photography within.
I have comprehensive knowledge 4-color prepress and printing technology, and expert knowledge of QuarkXpress, and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
I also hold a thorough grasp of editorial and marketing functions and schedules within the publishing industry.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
London based freelance designer and art director with over 25 years experience in the international co-edition publishing industry.
Experienced senior book designer, specialising in non-fiction. 12+ years designing for big publishing houses worldwide, including Chronicle.