I am an independent editorial Art and Photography Director, with 16 years of experience in publishing. My client list includes Black Dog & Leventhal, Dacapo Press, Galvanized Media, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Hearst, Quarto, Random House, Reader's Digest, Rodale (Men's & Women's Health and Organic Gardening) and Sterling.
• Photo producer, director and stylist the New York Times best-selling Eat This, Not That!, and Cook This, Not That! franchise, including the new Eat This, Not That! Magazine (Meredith)
• Complete Identity Rebranding of Reader's Digest Children's Publishing to Studio Fun International.
• SIP interior design and layout of multiple issues of Reverse Diabetes (Reader’s Digest) and Women’s Health Training Guide (Rodale)
• Contributing designer and photography art director for Organic Gardening Magazine 2007-2014
• Book design and layout of The Knitter's Book of Wool (Potter Craft)
• Packager of the Mind Stretchers puzzle book series (Readers Digest)
As a Senior Book Designer I was responsible for the conceptual development of book covers and interiors. I produced designs that were marketable and that enhanced the editorial product and managed and art directed all the illustration and photography within.
I have comprehensive knowledge 4-color prepress and printing technology, and expert knowledge of QuarkXpress, and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
I also hold a thorough grasp of editorial and marketing functions and schedules within the publishing industry.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Creative Book Designer with over 15 years experience working in London Publishing Houses and now freelance and hoping to make waves!
Experienced book and magazine designer. I’ve worked as cover and interior designer for Dorling Kindersley. Languages: English and German