Close this message
Point Pleasant, NJ, United States
With sixteen years of experience, my main focus has been in publishing as an editorial designer and photography producer/director/stylist
Sign up below to request a quote.
With sixteen years of experience, my main focus has been in publishing as an editorial designer, book packager and producer, art director and stylist of editorial food photography. But I have worked for a wide range of clients, including other design studios and individuals designing logos and various forms of branding and print collateral.
My career goal has always been to use my creativity, knowledge and organizational skills to assist clients with projects, making their jobs easier and their projects beautiful and successful.
• Photography production, direction, styling, and project management; specializing in cookbooks.
• Book cover and interior design, book and magazine layout
• Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented
• Expert knowledge of 4-color printing and prepress technology, and scheduling, editorial and marketing functions within the publishing environment.
For a sampling of my interior design/typesetting work, please contact me or visit my website.
I am an independent editorial Art and Photography Director, with 16 years of experience in publishing. My client list includes Black Dog & Leventhal, Dacapo Press, Galvanized Media, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Hearst, Quarto, Random House, Reader's Digest, Rodale (Men's & Women's Health and Organic Gardening) and Sterling.
• Photo producer, director and stylist the New York Times best-selling Eat This, Not That!, and Cook This, Not That! franchise, including the new Eat This, Not That! Magazine (Meredith)
• Complete Identity Rebranding of Reader's Digest Children's Publishing to Studio Fun International.
• SIP interior design and layout of multiple issues of Reverse Diabetes (Reader’s Digest) and Women’s Health Training Guide (Rodale)
• Contributing designer and photography art director for Organic Gardening Magazine 2007-2014
• Book design and layout of The Knitter's Book of Wool (Potter Craft)
• Packager of the Mind Stretchers puzzle book series (Readers Digest)
As a Senior Book Designer I was responsible for the conceptual development of book covers and interiors. I produced designs that were marketable and that enhanced the editorial product and managed and art directed all the illustration and photography within.
I have comprehensive knowledge 4-color prepress and printing technology, and expert knowledge of QuarkXpress, and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
I also hold a thorough grasp of editorial and marketing functions and schedules within the publishing industry.
Book cover designer and illustrator. Currently employed at HarperCollins, where I design fiction and non-fiction trade titles.
New York, United States
A freelance book cover designer with over 10 years of experience working across a wide variety of imprints at HarperCollins and LittleBrown.
London, United Kingdom