Are you looking for a professional editor to help make your manuscript shine?
I’m an experienced copyeditor and proofreader with an interest in commercial fiction (young adult and adult), memoir and tech non-fiction. My clients include self-publishing authors and publishing houses such as Hachette, Pan Macmillan, Bloomsbury, Nobrow Press and Joffe Books.
To make sure you get a high-quality service, I invest time in training and keeping my skills up to date with industry standards. I am a Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP). I have trained with the CIEP and other reputable providers such as the Publishing Training Centre (PTC).
How can I help?
If you are an author, I can help you withcopyediting
If you are a publisher, I can help you withproofreading
Note: I take bookings at least two months in advance.
*A proofedit sits between a copyedit and a proofread; this is for clients who need more than a proofread but don’t quite need, or want, a full copyedit.
**Only if your work has been copyedited first.
‘I’ve worked with Taliha on several projects and she has been a brilliant proofreader and copyeditor. She is quick, precise, and always sensitive to the tone of the author. I could not recommend her more highly!’
- Izzy Everington, Hodder & Stoughton
‘Taliha did a wonderful proofreading job, with an eagle eye for house style and layout. I really appreciated her thorough, thoughtful approach and super-clear mark-up.’
- Sarah Ruddick, Bloomsbury
'Taliha was brilliant to work with. She was professional and efficient, and her proofread was really thorough. Definitely recommend.'
- Ella Gordon, Headline
- Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- Proofread fiction and non-fiction titles for several publishers, including Hodder & Stoughton, Headline, Pan Macmillan, Nobrow Press, Bloomsbury and Joffe Books
- Proofread, proofedited and copyedited for independent authors and other businesses
- Mentored individuals to help them set up their freelance editing careers
- Listed on Reedsy and the Publishing Training Centre's (PTC) 'Freelance Finder'
- Managed several teams and projects
- Wrote copy for press, social media, website and marketing material
- Created and typeset manuals and anthologies on InDesign
- Published e-Books on Amazon and Apple Books
- Organised and hosted creative writing events and workshops
- Edited literary anthologies
- Managed submissions and overall editorial processes for prose and poetry
- Created schedules, briefs and supported team
- Handled complaints and competing interests
- Managed my time and that of others to meet deadlines
- Copyedited submissions for a creative writing anthology
- Workshopped submissions with authors using Google Docs
- Proofread final draft and finalised manuscript on Adobe Acrobat
- Copyedited and proofread senior management reports using Prophet Software
- Managed time and schedule to work efficiently with three-day deadlines
- Interpreted data for clients
- Communicated with internal staff and with report writers
- Wrote reports of a high standard for clients
- Commissioned and edited news and features articles
- Worked to quick turnaround times and weekly deadlines
- Managed a team of one hundred members
- Wrote feature articles and conducted interviews
- Wrote copy for online content
- Wrote proposals and reports for publisher
- Created databases on Excel and Google Sheets
- Proofread introductions for edited volumes
- Researched trends and competitors
- Edited raw marketing material
- Pitched books to booksellers
- Came up with title ideas for book series
- Participated in R&D for iGCSE resources
- Researched experts to commission for non-fiction books
HER PERFECT TWIN. YOUR NEW OBSESSION. When Megan discovers photographs of her estranged identical twin sister on her husband's phone, she wants answers. Leah already has everything Megan has ever wanted. Fame, fortune, freedom to do what she wants. And when Megan confronts Leah, an argument turns to murder. The only way Megan can get away with killing her twin is to become her. But then lockdo... read more
Wythenshawe, South Manchester. 1985. The Dodds family once ruled Manchester's underworld; now the men are dead, leaving three generations of women trapped in a house haunted by violence, harbouring an unregistered baby. Matriarch Nedra presides over the household, which bustles with activity as she prepares the welcome feast for her grandson Kelly's return from prison. Her grieving daughter-in... read more
THE DAZZLING DEBUT NOVEL ABOUT LOVE, COMMUNITY AND DREAMS DEFERRED - BY AN EXCITING NEW LITERARY VOICESayon Hughes, a young black man living in Bristol, longs to escape the world in which he was raised and make a better life with Shona, the strong-minded, strong-willed girl he's always loved. Yet his ties to his loving but lawless extended family continue to pull him back. Sayon finds himself ... read more
When Amy Blahn was murdered on a London office rooftop, Layla Mahoney was there. She held Amy as she died. But all she can say when police arrest her is that 'It was Michael. Find Michael and you'll find out everything you need to know.'The problem is, the police can't find Michael – there is no evidence that he exists. And time is running out before they have to either charge Layla with Amy's... read more
'Trust me, this is a great true story' - Ken Follett'This is an unbelievable story that is all completely true. The life described is astonishing. John Carr has done an extraordinary and riveting job uncovering the real father behind the dad he thought he knew.' - Lord Tony Hall'Utterly Compelling. It is an extraordinary tale, brilliantly written' - Alastair Stewart'Extraordinary. An adventure... read more
Picture this: It's 2050. The looming shadow of climate change has finally been banished. The planet is stabilised. Rainforests and coral reefs are thriving. We are finally at equilibrium. This isn't wishful thinking; it can be our reality. We just need to embrace the missing link between us and truly clean energy: Hydrogen. The beauty of hydrogen is its simplicity. It's simple to make, and sim... read more
'Perhaps you wonder what a dusty old Buddhist ex-monk has to say that's relevant to your life. Fair enough. Let me tell you what the book is not. It's not about religion. It's not about telling you how to live your life. It's not about taking on a new set of beliefs. Plain and simple, it's about how to relate to your own thoughts and emotions in a way that makes your life more enjoyable, more ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor with 15 years of experience in a variety of subject areas, including politics, the environment, science, technology, and business.
Assistant Editor (fiction) at Penguin Michael Joseph. I have experience in structural editing, proofreading and reviewing submissions.