** Accepting bookings for February 2022 and onwards. **
Are you looking for a professional editor to help make your manuscript shine?
I’m an experienced copyeditor and proofreader with an interest in commercial fiction (young adult and adult) and creative non-fiction. My clients include self-publishing authors and publishing houses such as Hachette UK, Bloomsbury, Imprint 27 and Joffe Books.
I learned about the craft of writing stories while studying creative writing at the University of Edinburgh, where I was tutored by Claire Askew, Allyson Stack, Robert Alan Jamieson and Alice Thompson. To supplement my learning, I took masterclasses by Cathy Rentzenbrink, Malcolm Gladwell, Margaret Atwood and Judy Blume. Learning about creative writing through a combination of theory and practise helped me develop a deeper understanding of the craft and the different tools and techniques authors can use in their writing. It made me a better editor. Sharing my writing with peers taught me how it feels to be on the other side, so you can rest assured that I will be sensitive and encouraging in my approach when working with you.
To make sure you get a high-quality service, I invest time in training and keeping my skills up to date with industry standards. I have completed editing and proofreading training with reputable training providers such as the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) and the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP).
Clients are welcome to ask me questions about the editing process – I’m aware it can be a bit confusing, so I’m happy to help demystify things as much as possible.
If you are an author, I can help you with
If you are a publisher, I can help you with
*A proofedit sits between a copyedit and a proofread; this is for clients who need more than a proofread but don’t quite need, or want, a full copyedit.
**Only if your work has been copyedited first.
‘I’ve worked with Taliha on several projects and she has been a brilliant proofreader and copyeditor. She is quick, precise, and always sensitive to the tone of the author. I could not recommend her more highly!’
- Izzy Everington, Hodder Studio
‘Taliha did a wonderful proofreading job, with an eagle eye for house style and layout. I really appreciated her thorough, thoughtful approach and super-clear mark-up.’
- Sarah Ruddick, Bloomsbury
'Taliha was brilliant to work with. She was professional and efficient, and her proof-read was really thorough. Definitely recommend.'
- Ella Gordon, Headline
- Proofread fiction and non-fiction for several publishing houses
- Copyedited and 'proofedited' for self-publishing authors.
- Managed poetry submissions in 2021 and selected which to publish
- Drafted and submitted annual accounts and CIC report
- Led board meetings and reported back to directors
- Wrote copy for marketing material
- Created training courses for copyeditors and proofreaders
- Managed a team of over twenty-six volunteers
- Created manuals on InDesign
- Edited three literary anthologies
- Organised and ran writing events (such as creative writing workshops).
- Copyedited submissions for a creative writing anthology
- Workshopped submissions with authors
- Proofread the final draft and finalised the manuscript on Adobe Acrobat.
- Copyedited and proofread senior management reports using Prophet Software
- Managed my time to work efficiently with three-day deadlines
- Interpreted data for clients
- Communicated with internal staff and with report writers
- Wrote reports of a high standard for clients.
- Commissioned and edited news and features articles
- Worked to quick turnaround times and weekly deadlines
- Managed a team of one hundred members
- Wrote copy for online content.
- Wrote proposals and reports for the publisher
- Created databases on Excel
- Researched trends and competitors
- Edited raw marketing material
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Proofread introductions for edited volumes.
HER PERFECT TWIN. YOUR NEW OBSESSION. When Megan discovers photographs of her estranged identical twin sister on her husband's phone, she wants answers. Leah already has everything Megan has ever wanted. Fame, fortune, freedom to do what she wants. And when Megan confronts Leah, an argument turns to murder. The only way Megan can get away with killing her twin is to become her. But then lockdo... read more
Wythenshawe, South Manchester. 1985. The Dodds family once ruled Manchester's underworld; now the men are dead, leaving three generations of women trapped in a house haunted by violence, harbouring an unregistered baby. Matriarch Nedra presides over the household, which bustles with activity as she prepares the welcome feast for her grandson Kelly's return from prison. Her grieving daughter-in... read more
THE DAZZLING DEBUT NOVEL ABOUT LOVE, COMMUNITY AND DREAMS DEFERRED - BY AN EXCITING NEW LITERARY VOICESayon Hughes, a young black man living in Bristol, longs to escape the world in which he was raised and make a better life with Shona, the strong-minded, strong-willed girl he's always loved. Yet his ties to his loving but lawless extended family continue to pull him back. Sayon finds himself ... read more
When Amy Blahn was murdered on a London office rooftop, Layla Mahoney was there. She held Amy as she died. But all she can say when police arrest her is that 'It was Michael. Find Michael and you'll find out everything you need to know.'The problem is, the police can't find Michael – there is no evidence that he exists. And time is running out before they have to either charge Layla with Amy's... read more
'Trust me, this is a great true story' - Ken Follett'This is an unbelievable story that is all completely true. The life described is astonishing. John Carr has done an extraordinary and riveting job uncovering the real father behind the dad he thought he knew.' - Lord Tony Hall'Utterly Compelling. It is an extraordinary tale, brilliantly written' - Alastair Stewart'Extraordinary. An adventure... read more
Picture this: It's 2050. The looming shadow of climate change has finally been banished. The planet is stabilised. Rainforests and coral reefs are thriving. We are finally at equilibrium. This isn't wishful thinking; it can be our reality. We just need to embrace the missing link between us and truly clean energy: Hydrogen. The beauty of hydrogen is its simplicity. It's simple to make, and sim... read more
'Perhaps you wonder what a dusty old Buddhist ex-monk has to say that's relevant to your life. Fair enough. Let me tell you what the book is not. It's not about religion. It's not about telling you how to live your life. It's not about taking on a new set of beliefs. Plain and simple, it's about how to relate to your own thoughts and emotions in a way that makes your life more enjoyable, more ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.