Skills and Projects
Content (Substantive/Developmental) Edit
• Pearson myPerspectives Literacy Program (Texas), Grade 7 Student Edition and Teacher Edition (through ADI-MPS)
• IXL Language Arts, Grades 2–10 (digital skill practice)
• Pearson Wall Street English (English-language learning higher-ed program), beginner through proficient levels, including substantially revising PowerPoint presentations.
• Pearson ReadyGen, Grade 2 Teacher Guide
• Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Assessment Studio Into Reading program assessments, Grades K–1 (as an employee of PRO Unlimited)
• Social Studies School Service (formerly Nystrom Education) Young Citizens Explore teacher and student materials, Grades K, 2, and 3
• Riverside Publishing Iowa Assessments in Science and Written Expression, Grades 3, 5, 7, and 8; Reading and Language and Written Expression, Levels 9, 11, 13, and 14 (Grades 2–8)
Copyedit for Digital Platform
• Sadlier Parish and School Teacher Guides, Grade 3 (through MPS North America)
• Education City USA (part of Edmentum) Language Arts and Mathematics Teaching Resources (online games), Grades K-3, including editing some functionality
• Reading A–Z Modeling Comprehension Skills Passages and Lesson Plans, Grades 2–4 (through Brainworx Studio)
• Glencoe (part of McGraw-Hill Education) Discovering Our Past: A History of the United States Teacher Edition, Grade 8 (through Network Publishing)
• Prentice Hall Globalization and Diversity: Geography of a Changing World by Lester Rowntree, Chapter Quizzes for digital platform (through Integra)
• American Bar Association, more than 20 titles in law practice management and development
• Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago, Fight Asthma Now, Instructor’s Manual and Teen and Youth Editions
• Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Into Math Student and Teacher materials, Grades K– 2 (through QBS Learning)
• Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Into Reading Teacher Guide, Grade 2 (through QBS Learning)
• Alpha Reading Teacher Guides, Grades K–11, and Sidekick, Grade 2 student activities, for a regional reading program targeting the Middle East and Northern Africa (through QBS Learning)
• Kids Discover Magazine California and American History issues, Grades 4–6 (through Rainbow Concepts)
• Pearson Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach by Dee S. Silverthorn (through Integra)
• Interdisciplinary Vocabulary Development: The Rule of 3 by Linda Ventriglia
• Children’s picture books by Mary Clark Dalton
• Texas Educational Association (TEA) AP® Biology, Chapter 16, “Gene Regulation” and Physics, Chapter 2, “Motion in One Dimension” (through Wisewire)
• ETA/Hand2Mind Hands-On Standards®: Numbers and Operations student and teacher materials, Grades K-4,
• Houghton Mifflin Harcourt literature program in development, Grades 6 and 8 Student and Teacher Editions (through Small Planet)
• Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Assessment Studio reading assessments, Grades K–1 (as an employee of PRO Unlimited)
• Social Studies School Service (formerly Nystrom Education) Young Citizens Explore Teacher Guide differentiated instruction notes, Grades K, 2, and 3
• Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) English Language Arts, Grades 3–6, (through Brainworx)
• Educational Testing Service Reading Passages, Grades K–1 (through Brainworx)
• Common Core Performance Task Assessments, Grades 1, 2, 6, and 8 (through Neiman)
• Electricity in the Real World, Grades 3–6 trade book for Red Line Editorial
• Close Reading and Argumentative Writing instruction, Grades 3–8 for ThinkCERCA’s digital platform
• Springboard Close Reading Workshop and Writer’s Workshop (Texas), Grades 6–8, TEKS and CCRS (through Rainbow Concepts)
• National Geographic Learning trade books for science and social studies, about 150 titles for Grades K-6
• Cantata Learning trade books for reading and music, more than 200 titles for PreK–G3
• Adobe InCopy CC 2014 with K4 and SCEnt, and InDesign 2017
• Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
• Proprietary content management systems
• MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
More lawyers than ever before are using Twitter to network with colleagues, attract clients, market their law firms, and even read the news. But to the uninitiated, Twitter's short messages, or tweets, can seem like they are written in a foreign language. Twitter in One Hour for Lawyers will demystify one of the most important social-media platforms of our time and teach you to tweet like an e... read more
Written by a blogger for bloggers, The Legal Side of Blogging for Lawyers addresses the full scope of legal issues that accompany blogging, including intellectual property, criminal law, employment law, professional conduct, and much more. In this book, experienced attorney Ruth Carter explains your rights as a blogger, discusses real-life examples of what can go wrong, and offers advice about... read more
In this compelling new tip book you'll find innovative and surprising ways to keep your personal diversity journey moving and the diversity commitment of your organization. Written to make this information bite-size and accessible, you'll find quick answers to typical What should I do? questions, like: What if I say the wrong thing, what should I do? What if I am work and someone makes a sexis... read more
Use Run Your Firm Like a Business to address the challenge of practicing law while managing the administrative and business demands of your practice. Powerful systems developed and refined over years help resolve the tension between the tasks of the business, and actually doing the legal work for which you were trained. This book shifts the paradigm of avoiding the administrative part of the p... read more
In Children Held Hostage, Stanley Clawar and Brynne Rivlin use important new research involving over 1,000 families to demonstrate that children can and are being used by parents in the divorce battle. Their research shows how negative actions by parents toward their children show up in court proceedings where children testify or are questioned by mental health professionals. The major issue i... read more
Whether you are a new or a more advanced iPad user, iPad in One Hour for Lawyers takes a great deal of the mystery and confusion out of using your iPad. Ideal for lawyers who want to get up to speed swiftly, this book presents the essentials so you don't get bogged down in technical jargon and extraneous features and apps.
More and more lawyers are choosing to take their iPads to trial—with amazing results. Bestselling ABA author and iPad expert Tom Mighell's latest book, iPad in One Hour for Litigators, will help you transform your iPad into a powerful tool in the courtroom, at mediation, and beyond. This essential guide discusses all the steps of trying a case with an iPad, from pretrial docketing and legal re... read more
Lawyers are already using Android devices to make phone calls, check e-mail, and send text messages. After the addition of several key apps, Android smartphones or tablets can also help run a law practice. From the more than 800,000 apps currently available, Android Apps in One Hour for Lawyers highlights the "best of the best" apps that will allow you to practice law from your mobile device. ... read more
All too often, the difference between a successful and unsuccessful law firm is the quality of its leadership. Exemplary leaders have the power to motivate attorneys and staff to serve clients, collaborate, and innovate to the best of their ability. In times of trouble, ineffective leadership can drive a firm to ruin. Lessons in Leadership: Essential Skills for Lawyers will be required reading... read more
Take control of your e-mail, calendar, to-do list, and more with The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2013. This essential guide summarizes the most important new features in the newest version of Microsoft Outlook and provides practical tips that will promote organization and productivity in your law practice.
Legal clients are responding to today's unprecedented financial pressures by demanding better predictability, cost-effectiveness and communication from their outside legal service providers. They give their business to those who can manage legal work efficiently—and take it away from those who can't or won't. Legal Project Management in One Hour for Lawyers provides any attorney with practical... read more
With over 1.2 million licensed attorneys in the United States, how do lawyers stand out from their fellow practitioners and get jobs, promotions, clients, and referrals? To survive and thrive, lawyers must develop their own intentional personal brand to distinguish themselves from the competition. In Personal Branding in One Hour for Lawyers, personal branding expert and experienced attorney K... read more
Spend more time practicing law--and less time balancing the books--by investing in easy and effective accounting software. Lynette Benton, a QuickBooks certified ProAdvisor and consultant who has helped hundreds of attorneys and small firms with financial management, will teach you to use this popular accounting software in your law practice. QuickBooks in One Hour for Lawyers offers step-by-s... read more
Never lose another document or waste valuable time searching for one. In just one hour, learn how to organize your documents and e-mails electronically with Worldox software. Veteran law-firm technology consult John Heckman reveals what Worldox will do for your firm—and how to customize its features for the specific needs of your practice.
Entertainment law is a popular area of study for law students and a desired career path for practitioners. Yet the glamor of working with actors, production companies, musicians, writers, and others to create works of art comes with long hours, hard work, and fierce competition for jobs. Entertainment Careers for Lawyers, Third Edition, will dispel many of the myths surrounding the practice an... read more
This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You'll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smart phones, the iPad, and anything else a law office might need. It's written in clear, easily understandable ... read more
Electricity is everywhere! This book uses real-world examples to bring the concept of electricity to life in an approachable way. Clearly-written text draws in readers with concrete examples involving familiar, everyday things, such as how electricity is used in the home. The book covers both the history and future of electricity, as well as key figures in its development, such as Benjamin Fra... read more
Tiny is sad, he knows hes the smallest tree on the farm. He longs to go home with someone and decorate their house for Christmas. He watches as tree after tree leaves the farm. Will he be the last tree standing on Christmas morning? Follow Tiny as he discovers Christmas is more than fancy decorations and expensive presents.
In this, the last of the Rainbow series, Rainbow learns the hard way that its not too much fun to be the strongest, most beautiful butterfly if you do not have friends to share it with. After a time of showing off and a little taunting of his own, Rainbow finally learns the Golden Rule. He must treat other butterflies the way he would like to be treated. Follow Rainbow as he tries to rebuild f... read more
Rainbow is proud of his beautiful wings and ability to fly, but hes showing off just a little too much. He thinks its payback time for Lightning, the butterfly who used to taunt him. But is this kind of revenge really the right thing to do? Follow Rainbow as he learns a hard lesson on pride.
Rainbow has finally received his beautiful rainbow wings. Now he can't wait to fly! How hard can it be? he thinks to himself. He's thrilled when his dad tells him it's time to learn to fly. Impatience rears its ugly head again as Rainbow is in a hurry to fly. "These things take time, Son. You'll fly soon," his father tells him. Follow Rainbow as he learns once again, some things are worth the ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Author of 15+ books. Seasoned journalist/editor with years of media experience. Specialize in nonfiction, content marketing, and education.
An experienced publisher and editor with a 15-year career in educational publishing, including 8 years at Oxford University Press ANZ.