I offer development editing, copy editing and proofreading services across a variety of subjects.
My most recent projects include:
• Development-editing and copy-editing for Pearson’s Power Starters series
• Proofreading Adobe Photoshop for Photographers for Taylor & Francis
• Proofreading Pearson’s BTEC International textbooks for Business Studies, Engineering, Hospitality and ICT
• Grid-mapping Hodder Education’s PMP Biology and PMP Chemistry titles
Responsible for overseeing the production of high-quality magazines, event programmes and show guides for a range of high-profile clients.
• Worked with clients such as International Sheet Metal Review magazine, Crufts, the National Pet Show and Archery GB
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish, all with very short, strict deadlines
• Edited copy upon receipt to ensure clarity before sending to designers
• Carried out final checks on all material before sending title to print
• Liaised with colleagues and clients on a daily basis via telephone, email and meetings
• Prepared briefs for the Design department on new text designs, layouts and artworks
• Gained working knowledge of QuarkXPress and InDesign CC
Responsible for overseeing the production of professional titles, from delivery of manuscript through to final invoice, for one of the world’s leading independent publishers.
• Responsible for several of the company’s top-selling titles
• Promoted from Publishing Services Assistant in recognition of my performance
• Completed and passed a professional copy-editing and proofreading course
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to budget and schedule
• Liaised with authors on a daily basis
• Liaised with designers, printers, sales department and clients on a regular basis
• Instructed typesetters on text designs, layouts and artworks
• Selected, briefed and managed freelance copy-editors, proofreaders and indexers
• Fully trained in Biblio and helped others to use it
• Provided support to commissioning editors and publishers as and when required
• Managed the digital archiving of all titles, including testing, checking and uploading.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
First rate and insightful editor, strategist and proofreader for non fiction, driven by perfecting content without losing its essence.
Former managing editor of Writer's Digest Books. Specializing in all things nonfiction—including how-to, self-help, and business.