• Wrote and edited policy and procedure manuals to implement new onboarding processes.
• Authored a systems manual to detail utilization and workflows for business technologies, including Office365, SharePoint, and DropBox.
• Leveraged technology expertise to collaborate on the development of a QuickBase project tracking system, improving efficiency by automating tracking of billable hours and project milestones.
• Proofread all external-facing communication and documentation to achieve quality control standards.
• Coordinated multiple projects and planning for academic development projects by sourcing subject matter experts, developing schedules, and tracking project progress and deadlines.
• Consult with diverse businesses to develop and implement web content strategies using WordPress and social media platforms.
• Create and deliver customized training to facilitate small business owners and entrepreneurs’ development and ongoing management of WordPress websites and blogs.
• Create document templates for print products, including instructor manuals and study guides.
• Manage projects for academic publishers seeking to outsource their production and development work, including recruiting, hiring, and managing freelance content producers.
• Edited web content and printed course materials, technical documentation, and reference materials to achieve consistent tone and voice, compliance with company/client style guides, and overall clarity.
• Collaborated on the development and management of company and client style guides to facilitate consistent brand voice and style across multiple projects, authors, and content types.
• Engaged early in the project life cycle to define development and editing workflow within the greater project schedule, and managing the editing stage to meet milestones and deadlines.
• Reviewed the work of production teams in India to improve writers’ clarity and usage, thereby increasing the efficiency of the review and editing process.
• Drove the development of diverse web and print product families by co-leading the transition to an XML-based workflow by developing a wide range of user training and production support materials.
• Authored technical documentation and developed user training, with a focus on facilitating the use of new technology among non-technical users to develop new web and print products.
• Developed solutions to content development workflow issues and technology problems by providing technical support to Content Project Managers and Developmental Editors.
• Directed up to 10 large-scale, simultaneous content development projects by overseeing all copyediting, proofreading, permissions, design, layout, and production.
• Sourced and managed outside vendors by developing requests for proposals, evaluating bids, and awarding and managing contracts to ensure compliance with terms and quality standards.
• Liaised among content development, design, marketing, and manufacturing departments to communicate project progress, coordinate timelines and milestones, and align all stakeholders around project goals.
• Managed a complex database to track project data, including budget, specifications, and schedules.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
If you're a first-time book author who needs some hand-holding, I can guide the way to success with expert advice and precision editing.
Editor with 10+ years' experience in content development, copy editing, and proofreading. Avid learner & lover of the written word.