Close this message
Cincinnati, OH, United States
Freelance academic and non-fiction editor with over 15 years of experience editing and proofreading for some of the top academic publishers.
Sign up below to request a quote.
Creative and versatile Web Content Editor and Project Manager with a background in publishing and a record of success developing and implementing complex content systems, projects, and initiatives. Trusted consultant leveraging WordPress and social media platform expertise to create a strong web presence for small businesses and entrepreneurs, from site set up to site management training. Proven talent for managing content programs and operations in collaboration with business teams and vendor partners to meet critical deadlines and quality goals. Skilled editor and production manager, ensuring consistent brand voice, style, and tone across all web properties, communications, and contributors.
• Wrote and edited policy and procedure manuals to implement new onboarding processes.
• Authored a systems manual to detail utilization and workflows for business technologies, including Office365, SharePoint, and DropBox.
• Leveraged technology expertise to collaborate on the development of a QuickBase project tracking system, improving efficiency by automating tracking of billable hours and project milestones.
• Proofread all external-facing communication and documentation to achieve quality control standards.
• Coordinated multiple projects and planning for academic development projects by sourcing subject matter experts, developing schedules, and tracking project progress and deadlines.
• Consult with diverse businesses to develop and implement web content strategies using WordPress and social media platforms.
• Create and deliver customized training to facilitate small business owners and entrepreneurs’ development and ongoing management of WordPress websites and blogs.
• Create document templates for print products, including instructor manuals and study guides.
• Manage projects for academic publishers seeking to outsource their production and development work, including recruiting, hiring, and managing freelance content producers.
• Edited web content and printed course materials, technical documentation, and reference materials to achieve consistent tone and voice, compliance with company/client style guides, and overall clarity.
• Collaborated on the development and management of company and client style guides to facilitate consistent brand voice and style across multiple projects, authors, and content types.
• Engaged early in the project life cycle to define development and editing workflow within the greater project schedule, and managing the editing stage to meet milestones and deadlines.
• Reviewed the work of production teams in India to improve writers’ clarity and usage, thereby increasing the efficiency of the review and editing process.
• Drove the development of diverse web and print product families by co-leading the transition to an XML-based workflow by developing a wide range of user training and production support materials.
• Authored technical documentation and developed user training, with a focus on facilitating the use of new technology among non-technical users to develop new web and print products.
• Developed solutions to content development workflow issues and technology problems by providing technical support to Content Project Managers and Developmental Editors.
• Directed up to 10 large-scale, simultaneous content development projects by overseeing all copyediting, proofreading, permissions, design, layout, and production.
• Sourced and managed outside vendors by developing requests for proposals, evaluating bids, and awarding and managing contracts to ensure compliance with terms and quality standards.
• Liaised among content development, design, marketing, and manufacturing departments to communicate project progress, coordinate timelines and milestones, and align all stakeholders around project goals.
• Managed a complex database to track project data, including budget, specifications, and schedules.