With over thirteen years of experience in illustrated book publishing, I hold a successful track record of project management, copy-editing, proofreading and picture research on numerous high-profile and complex publications.
Given my in-house publishing experience, I am extremely aware of the need for reliable, consistent editorial work. I aim to provide clients with professional, polished texts to deadline and to brief.
• An excellent eye for detail
• Proficient in the use of BSI proof-correction marks and rules of both the Chicago Manual of Style and the New Oxford Style Manual.• Able to provide mark-up digitally (Microsoft Word track changes, styles; Adobe commenting) or on hard copy, and can adapt quickly to house style.
• Bilingual (English/French), also offering translation services
• MA History of Art, The Courtauld Institute of Art, London
• Hands-on experience of negotiating with picture sources to obtain the best quality for reproduction
• I have the latest version of InDesign to take in corrections directly in files
I project-managed the development and production of high-quality exhibition catalogues, liaising with all relevant departments to achieve successful delivery, on time and under budget. Selected titles include:
• National Gallery Technical Bulletin
• Bermejo: Master of the Spanish Renaissance
• Young Bomberg and the Old Masters
• Titian: Love, Desire, Death
I worked on a wide range of illustrated publications on art, architecture, design, gardens, poetry, music and film, such as thematic surveys, catalogues raisonnés and monographs. This included:
• copy-editing, proofreading, checking proofs
• generating working schedules
• creating and managing budgets
• commissioning authors and freelancers
• ensuring texts are edited in accordance with the house/project style guides and that they are of a high standard for publication
• preparing related sales materials, writing promotional copy, blurbs and title information, working closely with marketing and online teams to align messaging of publications
• on the majority of titles, I also managed picture research and fee/rights negotiations, ensuring that relevant permissions were cleared and that all materials were of highly publishable quality
Selected Phaidon titles:
• The Andy Warhol Catalogue Raisonné, Volumes 4 and 5
• Olafur Eliasson: Experience
• Going Once: 250 Years of Culture, Taste and Collecting at Christie's
• The Art of the Erotic
• Phaidon Focus series: Francis Bacon, Anselm Kiefer, Brice Marden, Georgia O'Keeffe, Jackson Pollock, Robert Rauschenberg, Cindy Sherman, David Smith, Andy Warhol
• The Music of Painting
• Modern Art in America, 1908–68
• Robert Ryman
• Frans Hals
• Bruce Nauman: The True Artist
• A Way of Living: The Art of Willem de Kooning
• Celtic Art
• The Contemporary Garden
• The Modernist House
• A Smile in the Mind: Witty Thinking in Graphic Design, revised and expanded edition
• Playing the Human Game: Collected Poems of Alfred Brendel
• Arnold Schoenberg (20th-Century Composers Series)
• Poem of the Pillow and other stories by Utamaro, Hokusai, Kuniyoshi and other artists of the Floating World
• 30,000 Years of Art, revised and expanded edition
• Art and Queer Culture
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Non-fiction editor specialising in illustrated books, cookery, craft, home and garden. Experience includes Vintage Publishing and BBC Books.
Editor, writer, and fundraiser with expertise in health, education, the arts, literary fiction, and poetry.