As an editor for OLE I carry out substantive editing for both non-fiction books and academic papers for submission to English and American journals. This involves the following elements:
- Ensures grammar is correct and idiomatic.
- Flags factual inconsistencies to the author through author queries.
- Flags inappropriate language and revises content that can be considered prejudicial.
- Rewrites ambiguous or contradictory sentences and flags to the author through author query to ensure intended meaning is retained.
- Ensures journal's formatting requirements are met.
- Improves text by extensive rewriting and sentence reorganisation, smoothing transitions and improving readability.
- Suggests additions and deletions of content in author query.
- Ensures logical consistency throughout.
I regularly carry out editing work for the handbooks that are distributed to puppy walkers on behalf of Guide Dogs. These are some of their comments:
Sandra provided a very professional service and added an additional level of quality and professionalism to a large set of technical documents that were being created for volunteers in the third sector. Sandra provided a quick turn around, a high standard of feedback and was a pleasure to work with. I would certainly use Sandra again and recommend her services.
Sandra completed the work to a tight deadline and to a very high standard. Her input added an additional level of professionalism to the final handbooks which has been commented on by a number of staff.
Your exceptional work has really contributed to the on-going success of Guide Dogs.
Editing and proofreading on a variety of academic subjects including ICT, social sciences, business, sciences, education, linguistics, engineering and art. Have also edited fiction novels (horror and psychological thrillers). All of my work is through recommendation and repeat business.
Jamie, a serving Royal Engineer in Her Majesty's Armed Forces, is serving in Afghanistan. He's involved in a brutal attack, leaving him paralysed. Spiralling into an abyss of depression, a stranger offers Jamie a glimpse of hope. A light at the end of a very dark and dismal tunnel, but the stranger is not what he seems and Jamie signs what little of his life remains in a blood binding contract... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.